[Organization] Module Leaders + Public Beta / Sprints

I am also not a coder but a CA. I am available for the PoS and Accounts Modules

2 Likes

I am also willing to help out with CRM module but not a coder so cannot organise sprints. I am happy to help with tagging and replies in the forum (which I have been doing anyway over last few months as far as I can)

1 Like

I volunteer for UI :smiley:

7 Likes

I can volunteer or take a lead on accounts module.

4 Likes

I would get involved in School

1 Like

can a bit of all work? :grimacing:

@nabinhait: Thank You for leading accounts module. You may count us as a volunteer member for subject matter contribution, testing, and feedback on features from other systems.

_Liyakat

1 Like

Good proposal, I am not a coder but I can help in project module, HR module and in general functionality test for any module.

I would like to contribute to all modules: mainly testing, improvement ideas based on my experience on SAP and other systems

I would like to contribute to all modules as a tester and feature improvement in the same time i started travel domain in negociation phase with a developer.

Also stronge background in production module.

Regards

Obviously we need more leaders,

Do you have to be a coder to lead a team?

I would like to Lead in erpnext.org (foundation site development & fixing documentation)
If some developer want to help in building site, I am happy to collaborate.

3 Likes

Interesting concept, and I think I like it!

So, I am already working with a developer to get my 2nd round of improvements made to the POS module to better support remote/mobile sales reps.

Whom ever decides to lead the POS module group, please contact me thru messaging and I will gladly share what I have in the works and anything else that I can do. I am not a coder or developer. I am an implementer that hires developers to fix stuff and contribute it back. So I will do what I can to be of assistance.

BKM

I would like to get involved as a module volunteer.
I could be the most helpful conceptually in warehouse management or aspects pertaining to distribution of products in general.
I can code but have never worked on a big project like this one. I am willing to work on anything where a module leader sees fit.

I’ll volunteer for the agriculture module. I think we’ve been discussing something like this, though maybe not quite this intense.

1 Like

This is really a good start. Publicly maintaining a list of leaders/contributors will surely increase the accountability of the community.

I would like to hear @rmehta s opinion, but I don’t think one need to be a developer. Coding is just a small part of the software development. Anyone who is a subject matter expert with some project management expertise can be a good module leader. Most of the responsibilities listed are a 'scrum master’s job in agile development.
I am happy to co-lead either stock/manufacturing or accounting as I have spent some time on those modules now. I am even happy to spend some time to put a structure to software development process so that it becomes easier to contribute remotely.

Perhaps that needs to be re-looked after some time. In software development, we do some kind of retrospective meeting to check what worked/ what needs to be changed once in a month or so. Perhaps there is some merit in doing that once in 2-3 months here. Again, it is difficult to do that in discuss threads, so we need some rudimentary structure to assist those process.

As a coder Industrial Engineer with SAP and Oracle background, I am willing to throw in some support in Manufacturing, Stock, Buying and Selling. With special emphasis on Quality Inspection, Cost Accounting and Batch management.

2 Likes

Instead of replying to this discuss thread, I propose adding your names in this google spreadsheet - ERPNext community organization - Google Sheets or similar one which would be easier to manage and edit.

1 Like

Great to hear that, I will be making some wireframes and design for the foundation website soon. Ill share the repo here. As I am not a coder any coding help would be awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can assist with the accounts module. Can’t provide coding support but tagging, design etc.