OR SHOULD I GO “WITH MATERIAL”

OR CAN I DO THIS

LIST THE OPERATIONS IN THE OPERATIONS TAB
ENTER ONLY THE RAW MATERIAL IN THE MATERIALS TAB

OR
DON NOT ENTER ANYTHING IN THE OPERATIONS TAB
ENTER ALL THE ABOVE OPERATION WISE PARTNUMBER IN MATERIAL TAB

PLEASE HELP

The Operations function still needs to develop further on ERPNext. Right now the Operations and Workstation functionality is to load on the theoretical costing onto the Part. You do have the ability to record the actual time taken to make the part.

So unless this valuation of parts is extremely important for you, leave the Operations Tab Unchecked. Just do the BoM Based on Raw Material.

Create a Bom with the following hierarchy:

FH-01-SER-06>FH-01-SER-06-GRNG-WIP>FH-01-SER-06-HT-WIP>FH-01-SER-06-MILG-WIP>FH-01-SER-06-TRNG-WIP>RM-D60-EN24

When you Subcontract a particular Part you have to go through the Sub Contracting process that is listed here: https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/manufacturing/subcontracting.html

For internal operations, decide on how many of these operations you want to track on ERPNext. You are better off using your Shop Floor level trackers (such as Job Route Cards to track Internal Operations, though you should pick discrete points in your manufacturing work flow when you want to track completion of the process).

But if you want to (or have to) track every process, Do a Home>Stock>Stock Entry>Manufacture and manufacture the product from one stage to the next.

Hope this helps

There are many ways to skin the cat. This is how I’d do it.

Cheers

Jay