Opening Invoice Creation Tool - Item Code required

Hi Guys,

Please refer the screenshot below to address the query.
In Invoice Creation Tool, I was able to successfully generate opening outstanding sales invoices. But while generating opening purchase invoices the following error is returned ‘Item code required at row no 1’.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers.

Seems like you have made the item_code field mandatory in Purchase Invoice. By default, it is not mandatory in the standard product.

Hi Nabin,

Could you please guide where is the item_code field?
Also I have compared both Purchase Invoice and Sales Invoice Form, the mandatory fields/conditions/settings are similar.

The item_code field is inside “Purchase Invoice Item” table. Go to Setup → Customize Form and select “Purchase invoice Item” there and check if the item_code is mandatory.

I have the same problem when creating Opening Invoice for Sales, and check Sales Invoice Item, ITEM CODE is not Mandatory.

Anyone have solutions for this ?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out the required form.
Upon opening the ‘Purchase Invoice Item’, the item_code field is not mandatory. Any other possible solutions for the above problem.

Please refer the screenshot below -

1 Like

As a makeshift solution for the above issue, I have created opening purchase invoices throught journal entry route. If anyone comes up with a solution, please do post.

Thanks

yes, I faced the problem at Sales Invoice Creation, so I use the normal sales invoice creation instead of the sales invoice creation tools.

I’m still facing this issue. Has it been fixed?

1 Like

Hi

went to Customize Form> Enter Form Type: Sales Invoice> update_stock> Set default to 0.

This fixed the problem

2 Likes