Offline Purchase Quotations/Purchase Orders

I am trying to apply ERPNext for business who is buying and selling to farmers/local shops where access to Internet is mostly unavailable. I am expecting the user to sync devices at the local offices where internet is available, and make sale/purchase receipts in the field without any internet usage.

I am currently using the following versions
ERPNext: v7.2.18
Frappe Framework: v7.2.14

I read in the following in the manual

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/accounts/point-of-sale-pos-invoice
In ERPNext all Sales and Purchase transactions, like Sales Invoice,
Quotation, Sales Order, Purchase Order etc. can be edited via the POS.
There two steps to Setup POS:

Enable POS View via (Setup > Customize > Feature Setup)Create a POS Setting record

I cant find Feature Setup in the new version, nor POS Setting DocType.

The POS is only allowing selling and not buying. I am looking for 3 transactions for Offline, Supplier Quotation, Purchase receipt, Sale receipt.

Was the Offline purchase scenario an old feature and is not available now? What am I missing here.

Enable POS View via (Setup > Customize > Feature Setup)Create a POS Setting record

I cant find Feature Setup in the new version, nor POS Setting DocType.

Please check:

Accounts > Setup > Point of Sale Settings

The POS is only allowing selling and not buying. I am looking for 3 transactions for Offline, Supplier Quotation, Purchase receipt, Sale receipt.

For now, it’s available for Sales Invoice only. It’s designed for the retailers perspective.

I am not able to find settings there, only Profile.
Below is a list of items in the Accounts->Setup panel

Setup
          Accounts Settings
          Fiscal Year
          Currency
          Currency Exchange
          Payment Gateway Account
          Point-of-Sale Profile
          Terms and Conditions Template
          Mode of Payment
          C-Form 

Sorry. Its called Point of Sale Profile. Please go for it.

Point-of-Sale Profile

This offline functionality has been planned in the Manufacturing Module enhancement. The enhancement is still on the drawing board and could be 4-6 months away from being available on ERPNext. We will look forward to your contributions when we get going on that module.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I am trying to see if I can create a parallel page for POS that can work completely offline.
Some quick questions in this regard.

Can you tell if Custom Page like POS is exposed via Customization UI, or I have to manually add to desktop.py as in

Also if you have some directed tutorial/blog on custom pages, it would be helpful.