Offline PoS - Sales Invoices stuck in local system

Also, if you need it; cus this is bad bro; send me your sqldump, let me restore to v6 and send u the vm, you cant have this on your brand.

It seems that, there are some customizations in your account which causing the issue, can you check is there any customization on item master or valuation rate?

1 Like

Thanks @noetico

I just need to know what the issue is. It could be an error from my part or it could be a customization we did or something.

The lack of knowledge is what is killing me. We are committed to ERPNext, so we can take the hit for now so long as we know the solution itself is ok long term. And we think it is.

I am currently uninstalling all customisations done for the client site

Of course, the solution is long term, I am a long time user and its what I use for everything ERP

The issue is, you canā€™t do anything about the Cache; the server doesnt even know anything about these invoices, the validation happens in the browser; which is your issue. I would think, for validity and reliability, all validations should happen, real time, on the server.

Then again, this is a catch 22 of sorts, if validation doesnt happen in the browser you donā€™t have offline pos really, if conditions change on the server, its different in the cache, then submission fails.

@rohit_w Maybe we can have (if possible):

All invoices (offline) get submitted with current conditions on server; whichever invoices fail, get imported with status like - Failed Validation, with a field to hold the validation error message and source; administrator can query them on server, correct and post. The cached code should just push the sales with minimal validation.

This way, even sales totals for failed invoices can have a report like Sales Register for Failed offline invoices bla blaā€¦ Cash manager can look at sales report and failed offline sales and reconcile cashiers.

Can you research this, leveldb, its the storage engine for Chrome, I guess if thereā€™s a way to read and query this database type, then you can actually start solving the problem; maybe bulk edit the valuation rates and sync

Check GitHub - soldair/levelweb: A GUI for LevelDB management. Includes builtin visualization tools [WIP] maybe you can read the .ldb chrome uses for storage then edit.
gratis - LevelDB database client - Software Recommendations Stack Exchange

leveldb gui: https://www.fastonosql.com/anonim_users_downloads

Solved!

The problem is from an app customized for us that apparently also does py side validation for rates.

We have uninstalled it and the invoices are now being submitted to the server.

Thanks to @rohit_w and @Pawan for coming to my aid offline.

Big thank you to @Not_a_countant for the concern

Thank you to @wale and @noetico for your calls and support.

I almost had a stroke. But this issue is self inflicted. Will reach out to the app developer to fine tune the app.

Regards

2 Likes

Oh, good news! Ok; a bug in your app. great itā€™s solved. You actually have no option since youā€™re on aws and internet reliability may be a problem. All the best bro! Thank goodness itā€™s not our beloved ERPNextā€¦ Iā€™m glad! :wink:

1 Like

So our great erpnext team can rest on this one. Nice. Weā€™ll get thereā€¦ erpnext into the future!