[Not Solved] Difference amount issue in Payment entry on ERPNext.com

Hi, I am trying to make payment entry for multi-currency in my ERPNext.com account but there is always difference amount in which if I make Deduction or Loss entry it keeps changing.

I am not sure if I should tag this to leader/volunteer as Revent proposed, so not tagging at the moment.
Edit - adding tags @jai_kejriwal @tundebabzy @nabinhait as per talk with Revant.

Looks like you should treat this as an Exchange Gain / Loss

@akurungadam I already tried that. Check Image number 2.

@mdwala I am aware of this issue and will work on the issue this week. It needs a major change in design to handle the scenario.

1 Like

@nabinhait

Thanks Nabin. I believe it is since v8 and I was thinking by updating to v9 it will solve.

But please consider this as major issue, I am surprised that no one notice this yet as for us our accounting entries has to stop.

Already big fan of you… Thanks again.

2 Likes

Created issue today to track it.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/11527

1 Like

@nabinhait thanks! really need this to be solved,

As @mdwala mentioned, accounting entries has stopped on our users’ side too.

ERPNext: v12.10.1 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.8.1 (version-12)

Mulit-currency have overpayment so want to leave an unallocated amount for future allocation. See image of how it should be:

difference amount is 0 in base currency so all should be OK. As soon as press Save it is changed to below

the unallocated amount is set to $0

This behavior makes no sense. How to enter payment to have the unallocated amount remaining for future invoices?