Not able to stay in v5 - bench update

when i try to stay on v5, I get this error. the command "bench switch-to-v5’ is not recognized either. How do I stay in v5 and still run bench update?

root@ahplsvr01:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext# bench switch-to-master
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 9, in
load_entry_point(‘bench==0.92’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
File “/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/cli.py”, line 60, in cli
bench()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 664, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 644, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 991, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 837, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 464, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/cli.py”, line 319, in _switch_to_master
switch_to_master(upgrade=upgrade)
File “/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/app.py”, line 174, in switch_to_master
switch_branch(‘master’, apps=apps, bench=bench, upgrade=upgrade)
File “/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/app.py”, line 150, in switch_branch
raise MajorVersionUpgradeException(“Switching to {0} will cause upgrade from {1} to {2}. Pass --upgrade to confirm”.format(branch, version_upgrade[1], version_upgrade[2]), version_upgrade[1], version_upgrade[2])
bench.app.MajorVersionUpgradeException: Switching to master will cause upgrade from 5 to 6. Pass --upgrade to confirm

I’m having the same issue…Just want to still stay on v5 at the moment until stable release of v6.

bench switch-to-master also thrown error. Is upgrade to frappe 6 is a must even it’s still beta / develop?

v6 is not a major upgrade. You can manually change your branch (frappe-bench/apps/frappe) to v5 if you want to stay on v5 (only for frappe). ERPNext is still on v5.

Sorry: its a major architectural upgrade but not a major upgrade in terms of user features.