No Explanation for using Packing Slip

As stated above I cannot find any detailed explanation for Packing Slip other than below link, which does not explain anything(how to use) and I belive most of the people will stuck in that. (atleast me)
Please guide. Also Can someone also explain is mentioning & managing Pallets inbuilt in ERPNext(how can you mention how many cases have fixed/shipped in each pallet?

Link - https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/stock/tools/packing-slip

Thanks.

Actually using packing Slip is very simple. When your Delivery Not is in Draft mode, click on
Make -> Packing Slip

This will open up Packing Slip, you can save it and print it.

Unfortunately not able to understand your second question. Can you please explain it in details.

Hi. Sorry in delay.
Can you please explain what to enter in packing slip in from and to package number and what basis?
Secondly, in our business we ship multile cases of Multiple items in pallets. Is there any way of mentioning how many cases packed in which pallet number.

@KanchanChauhan please any response…

@mdwala

The basis for Package number from and to is such that one delivery note can have multiple packing slips and hence based on the package number items can be captured in the packing slip.[quote=“mdwala, post:3, topic:20250”]
Secondly, in our business we ship multile cases of Multiple items in pallets. Is there any way of mentioning how many cases packed in which pallet number.
[/quote]

Perhaps you can capture this information by adding a custom field on the desired form.

Hope this helps.

I think I got what packing slip is, its just a list of the items shipping without price information, where you can have multiple packing slips too(dont know why it will require though) That’s all. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will try to make one and let you know.

I believe there is no built in feature for auto populating case number for all items. Ex. 2 items each 5 cases. Thus in item table, it will show 1st item in 1-5 case, 2nd item in 6-10 case and so on. And will be written case number by hand at warehouse too.

So it will be easier for buyer to identify item by seeing case number on packing slip and search for it.