Try ERPNext Buy Support Partners Foundation

No documentation for Accounting Period doctype

Hi,
I am not able to find any documentation for Accounting Period doctype how it’s used.

Any idea how to use the same?

Rgds
Nofal

1 Like

Well I found a Github issue but still the intended functionality is not clear, I posted a question on Github Issue.

Lets hope one of the contributors is able to answer the question

2 Likes

Accounting period i think is something like sage accounting software u can specifiy periods per month or so in which u can book ur entries

1 Like

While I was not able to post a new transaction into a closed period, I was however able to cancel a transaction that was posted in a closed period.

Is this supposed to be the functionality of this function or a bug? i was thinking no transaction should be allowed on the documents in a closed period either new or cancellation.

Your thoughts please

Hello,

Here is the documentation to the accounting period doctype: https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/accounts/accounting-period

Yes, I could replicate this in my test instance. We will get this fixed. Thank you for reporting.

Is there any progress regarding this issue ? I tried all the steps in the documentation, yet still able to post transaction in the closed period.
When I tried to look into the code I found nothing on the ClosedDocument class