Nextcloud integration

Can I get your email? We’d connect better that ways. Also, can we meet on Saturday?

@lasalesi fyi

I see on github that the app is available now. What about this option; “the option to store files in nextcloud like the already exsiting function seen with dropbox and google drive” that was mention in the begin. Will this still come?

we will be taking this step by step. We have been testing the app and are soon ready to release/merge.

Once this is done we will have some kind of webDav integration on which we can build.

To me it is very important, that this happens in small steady but successful steps.

I will keep you posted.

4 Likes

@wojosc Hello wanted to see how this was coming?

2 Likes

It seem’s to be on the road Nextcloud - Frappe Cloud Marketplace
and GitHub - frappe/nextcloud-integration: Frappe App for NextCloud Integration.

I didn’t check it, but sure I will. only for ERPNext v13 (as it still in beta)

2 Likes

Is this app available? Where is this in the development stage? I am new to reading this, but am very interested in supporting. Please advise thanks.

You can refer to Nextcloud integration - #48 by FHenry for the link

Glad to see NextCloud here. I have used this for Raspberry Pi projects for years, good backup and Dropbox functionality with no cost. Great choice.

Hi!

the app is ready for download an install here:

What kind of further development would you like to see?

Best
Wolfram

3 Likes

Nextcloud Groupware: Calendar & contact integration?

3 Likes

Files attached to a doctype show in a table with metadata and stored in nextcloud.

4 Likes

not yet no. But working in that direction.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone.

nextcloud Backups run smoothly. We will be upgrading to v13 this week, I’ll let you all know if it will work after the update!

best
Wolfram

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

As a next step for further integration of nextcloud I could see the following usefull:
OpenProject and Nextcloud announce collaboration and integration
features

We worked with the OpenProject community to develop integration in
Nextcloud. OpenProject is a very popular open source online project
management system and we hope the integration will improve the productivity
of users who use both Nextcloud and OpenProject. Read the blog
https://nextcloud.com/blog/openproject-and-nextcloud-announce-collaboration-and-integration-features/
to find out more and watch the integration in action!

Source: nextcloud’s newsletter

Who could contribute code or cash? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have used on my Nextcloud Instance and Backup Integration fails when your instance has some port, mine is :4444. I have corrected on my fork in https://github.com/pibico/nextcloud_integration as follows

Otherwise, I’m now working on a development on a Nextcloud Integration with Frappe/ERPNext (based on GitHub - doloresjuliana/pibiapp: Application on the Frappe framework. Connect Frappe and Nextcloud, store the attachments on the Nextcloud server. Integrates external data from Excel, CSV, JSON or XML files. Integrates the view of the Redash dashboards in Frappe.) which for the moment is only working on version-11 and not working on Frappe version-12 on).

I have developped (still in progress) a Frappe App to integrate CalDav NextCloud with Frappe. You can install from https://github.com/pibico/pibical (version-12 is more advanced than version-13 branch)

You should, first of all, on your user settings, inform about the credentials of your Nextcloud Caldav Server, User and Token. Once made, the Calendar Events show enhanced functionalities, such as Caldav Syncing (the event must be public for that).

The Sync with Caldav Server is made every 3 minutes. So, I have settled an event on iCalendar on my iPhone, and this has been synced with Nextcloud Calendar and then with Frappe, as you demanded. The other way around is working also, from Frappe is created a calendar Event on NextCloud Caldav Server and synced on iPhone. Deleting Events Sync is only possible through Frappe. If you delete the event from NextCloud or SmartPhone, the calendar event still remains in Frappe.

Apart from that, the events have other functionalities such as minutes (taken the idea from the Frappe Meeting App). I’m working on future developments such as sending invitations with ics attachments from the event, or print format the minutes into pdf or word templates, but still will demand some working time.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! It has been a while…I hope you guys are all doing good.

Firstly I’d like to remind everyone who was willing to contribute on this project to check if you have done so. If no, or willing to contribtue a little more @Basawaraj_Savalagi will be happy to help you there. Thank you all for your support at this point!

Secondly I am happy to announce, that we have put some further investments to the project and worked with @Not_a_countant and his team to further develope the nextcloud intergration. We have forked the app and added some stuff to make it more usable.

You are now able to sync all your files to nextcloud. There you will see a folderstructur according to your DocTypes. In these you’ll find all the attachments that are found at the according DocTypes.

Here are some screenshots:

PDF Printhout attached to a quotation

The Folder Quotation on our nextcloud instance

In there you’ll find the PDF

As you can sync all your files to your desktop or phone via the nextcloud client you can also have all these files on your local machine. This will also allow a kind of “offline function” for all your attachments.

All attachments are auto-saved to your nextcloud. If you would like to have certain DocTypes PDF-Prints copies in your nextcloud you can set these up optinaly in a designated doctype:

Looking forward to your feedback!

Please use the issue feature on github…if you are interested in further funding this project please PM me.

You all have a nice day!
Wolfram

8 Likes

Superb ! How we can get app to try out , any link !

Thanks , Installed and learnt that backup is working but o click migrate now , files not being migrated.
Some guidance will be extremely helpful !