Nextcloud integration

I’m interested and can help with testing athough I cannot contribute financially.

Is the intended scope to replicate only the existing Dropbox/GoogleDrive functionality? That certainly simplifies describing requirements, but if there is more, do you have any user stories for guidance?

My personal interest in Nextcloud would be as a document management system with an approval workflow, for storing and accessing trusted documents associated with Items and Orders (e.g. manufacturer’s datasheets for COTS Items, engineering files/documents for custom Items, marketing documents/brochures related to Items sold, work flow procedure documents for assemblies, test results documents (per individual serialized Items, per batch or per order), etc. However, equivalent functionality to existing for Dropbox/GoogleDrive would be still be welcome (I currently using a cron task to rsync over ssh backups to a separate server) and a great place to start.

Cheers,

Dale

I like this idea as currently all the documents are just stored in file manager and most of the users can see if even when it is private.

If there is any real requirement for this then maybe some community developer can look into this.

But currently there is only talks about using nextcloud for backup, so the above will be a complete different use case and a new project.

Thanks for this idea.

Nextcloud for backups only would still be valuable, and I’ll gladly help by beta testing and submitting issue reports (if any ;-))

@wojosc @Basawaraj_Savalagi do let me know if I can help and contribute on this.
I am already using NextCloud with Moodle in one of our LMS project.

Thank you all for your support. We will further discuss the process in the following days and weeks.

@sanjay, can you elaborate on your LMS project? Does it also involve ERPNext? I experimented using Moodle circa 2013/2014 to use internally within a large enterprise to manage employee training and record competency in various manufacturing and operating procedures. I saw lots of promise but the project didn’t get off the ground. Are you happy with the components you’ve chosen?

Our LMS project is combination of Moodle + NextcCoud + BigBlueButton.
Latest version of Moodle is quite mature as compared to earlier version as it can be integrated with other tools. There is still some scope of improvement for managing courses for sections under a class in School.
Also plugin can be created to enhance the functionality.

1 Like

Hi @sanjay thank you for you input on this. Please take the discussion on LMS with @Dale_Scott to a different thread so we can stay on the specific project here.

KR
Wolfram

@wojowc please do not chastise @Sanjay when it was I who went off topic. Please accept my apologies for my lapse on etiquette, I followed up with Sanjay outside the thread.

1 Like

Hi @Dale_Scott be so kind an link the new thread if you have created on so other people may follow the breadcrumbs.

Best
Wolfram

Hi @lasalesi, here’s the thread I was talking about yesterday…

Grüße
Wolfram

Nice! This is certainly useful, especially with the same open source background that NextCloud and ERPNext share!

1 Like

Hi there @wojosc another feature that would be pretty cool would be the option to disable the built in erpnext chat and replace with nextcloud chat, and for notifications/mentions to come from erpnext to nextcloud via webhooks or something similar.

1 Like

Hey guys, we have been talking internally as we level our startup tasks.
Many of our customers and ourselve sincluded would certainly benefit form this.
As we were discussing during a work session with @monroy95, we would be willing to work on this specific application as a core feature for ERPNext, with sponsoring from whoever wishes to contribute.

The objectives would be:

1. Create a new integration, and submit PR to core
    #modules/Integrations

Similar to:

http://erpnextdomain.com/desk#Form/Google%20Drive

Proposed Functionality

• File Manager would synchronize a list of present files on the Remote Nexctloud server periodically or based on REST API calls. (endpoints for sync)
  • When downloading, redirect file download and fetched form Nextcloud server.
  • Files uploaded to ERPNext, would be copied to remote server.
  • For every file uploaded, user can select local ERPNext server storage, or any of the file storage Integrations. We are thinking something kind of similar to what our friends at @Martin_Seibert Media have done with draw.io:

Open to further discussion (please send DM or Find me on Telegram group public help)
7 Likes

Hello to you all. We have a PR for this feature ready, @Basawaraj_Savalagi was so kind to push this.

We have already put down 1000$ on the matter. Any one else willing to chip in to cover the remainig 1000$. thank you @zuron7 for commiting to contribute 100$

Thank you all for you help!

Hi

How do we contribute ?

hi @olamide_shodunke thanks for asking. You can just post your proposition here and @Basawaraj_Savalagi will get back to you for invoicing details.

Hi @Basawaraj_Savalagi,

Will this maybe be possible with webdav, for internall use ?
Or instead of Nextcloud for Seafile?

looking at the PR they have solved it using webdav: https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/11519

Hi @Basawaraj_Savalagi, you can let me know how the contribution needs to be done. Feel free to ping me anytime. I check by the forum every couple of days.

1 Like