Nextcloud Backup Integration

Dear team

kindly add feature of Nextcloud backup (webdev)

ERP_NEXT

2 Likes

Nextcloud is awesome …really breathes opensource just like ERPNext . Hope the team integrates with Nextcloud .

I don’t think so it is open source.

if configured properly, nextcloud integration could mean having video calling and effective file sharing, additional features. anyone interested in sponsoring this feature!!?

2 Likes

Finally done

2 Likes

Good to see this app ! Next Cloud is excellent File Management and Co-ordination Functionality. Based on this backup functionality, real time files can be saved in Next Cloud. If a organization can save and retrieve ERP Next files , it will be great feature and the professional firms who work with files only will find this extremely easy.

1 Like

@sammish
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘frappe.integrations.offsite_backup_utils’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 97, in
main()
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 18, in main
click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=‘bench’)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 764, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 717, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 956, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 555, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 17, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/init.py”, line 25, in _func
ret = f(frappe._dict(ctx.obj), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 173, in install_app
_install_app(app, verbose=context.verbose)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/installer.py”, line 82, in install_app
sync_for(name, force=True, sync_everything=True, verbose=verbose, reset_permissions=True)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/sync.py”, line 56, in sync_for
reset_permissions=reset_permissions, for_sync=True)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/import_file.py”, line 66, in import_file_by_path
ignore_version=ignore_version, reset_permissions=reset_permissions)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/import_file.py”, line 141, in import_doc
doc.insert()
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 259, in insert
self.run_post_save_methods()
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 919, in run_post_save_methods
self.run_method(“on_update”)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 787, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1058, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 1041, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 781, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/doctype/doctype.py”, line 299, in on_update
self.run_module_method(“on_doctype_update”)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/doctype/doctype.py”, line 368, in run_module_method
module = load_doctype_module(self.name, self.module)
File “/home/fed/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/utils.py”, line 206, in load_doctype_module
raise ImportError(‘Module import failed for {0} ({1})’.format(doctype, module_name + ’ Error: ’ + str(e)))
ImportError: Module import failed for Nextcloud Setting (nextcloud_integration.nextcloud_integration.doctype.nextcloud_setting.nextcloud_setting Error: No module named ‘frappe.integrations.offsite_backup_utils’)

Above is the error when i ran this command ```
bench --site {site_name} install-app nextcloud_integration

Can you help out. Thanks

@sammish- Many thanks for the hard work.

May you advise which versions of ERPNext the app is compatible with?

@Eli This is not my hard work dear . I just closed this discussion with the solution. We have to thanks for the behind team.

Please check with your staging server then you can realize the compatibility with which version . therefore, currently I Am not using this app.

@sammish-

Noted with thanks.

just and FYI- I’ve only been able to get it running on version 12 and not version 11 . Also, it seems to only install with python 3.6 and nothing less.

@Eli Thanks for the information.I am in the latest version of 12 and that runs in python 3.6.Yet I have the error as seen here [quote=“Fred1, post:8, topic:29661”]
Error: No module named ‘frappe.integrations.offsite_backup_utils’)
[/quote]

Any clue?

@Fred1_ I unfortunately don’t know what the error message is related to. I was able to install the addon with no issues after manually upgrading my python to v3.6.

Perhaps run bench update reset, double check the python version and see what happens.

Please discuss here,
You may get result

Hi @sammish you may close this thread if you like. Backups to nextcloud are working:

Best
Wolfram

Frappe Backup into Nextcloud also integrated on pibiDAV as Frappe/ERPNext App for integration of files between Frappe and NextCloud. Try it downloading from (GitHub - pibico/pibiDAV: pibiDAV is a Frappe APP to Integrate Frappe and Frappe Apps with NextCloud (possibly Owncloud also but not tested))