Next Phase of Contributions?

I agree not every customization is helpful for everyone, but smaller things like reports, bugfixes etc should be part of the project.

I think when you are close to the user you are more likely to find such opportunities and contribute. Maybe it is 20% more effort but it will be really worth in the long run!

2 Likes

I am promoting this system at my level for manufacturing and service industries, but there are few points which raised by the people around me and the primary one is Master and slave feature, below is the example for it,

In an organisation there are groups like HOD, Directors,and Normal Employees/Users.

So every one wants the Important users like HOD and Directors should on the lowest downtime as possible, so if they are going with on Cloud solution of erpnext no one is willing to pay for the normal users but they can pay for the HOD and Directors account, as Erpnext is offering there own cloud hosting services, so the points is to put the HOD/Directors on Cloud services of Erpnext and rest users on the secondary server i.e. there on premise server but the users(Directors/HOD) and data should sync between the server, so is it possible ?

Please let me know your input.

@deepak727

ERPNext is opensource, you can download and install on local server …

@kanhaiya how is the development status of quick book sync? is it released?

thx in advance

@JoEz

I think you misunderstood my question.

I know I can install the erpnext in my local server but the question is can I sync the data of the cloud users(which are hod’s or directors in my case) with my local server ?

Regards

no - you’ll have to either pick full cloud deployment, or full local deployment

@felix already answered.

Just to understand, why u need 2 different instance of ERPNext one local and one on the cloud?

Hi thanks for answering my question.

As we all know the erpnext is having HR Sales and many modules so if the company is having 500 users and only 100 are important and using several modules, those hundred users will use Cloud system.

But the rest users Who fall in Employee category and Only using HR module for their Leave application and Leave balance will be using local server, so if the data of the cloud server will replicate on local server (of those hundred users) then company don’t have to pay for the rest 400 hundred users and also they can maintain the redundancy.

Here I am talking about one way replication which is cloud to local.

I hope you got my point.

@deepak727 this is going offtopic. can you please move this to another thread.

I will do it… sorry for moving off topic… :wink:

Hi @JoEz
Team is working on UAT feedback and the necessary changes. Once it is completed, we will share GIT URL soon.

Thanks

@kanhaiya Oks, thx for quick answer!

hello guys,
I think the most important thing that we should concentrate on reliability of ERPNext.

I shall share a simple case study of an ongoing implementation for a marine service based company in uae. Show how I map the different workflows to erpnext and with simple customizations how I cover functional gaps. And a before erpnext and after erpnext section to summarize the result.

I shall share few apps which I am developing as part of uae localization soon when done. ( namely Post Dated Check Management )

I just need sometime before I put it out there. But it will be out there.

4 Likes

Hi,

@rmehta i would give some suggestion… how if we make some portal to the 3rd party apps… it can be downloaded for free… and anyone in community can contribute on it…

i will have some of mine that usefull is uploaded there :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Bobby

https://community.erpnext.com/apps

1 Like

Hi vivek

Newbies to Erpnext like me would love to have this .

Looking forward to it .

Regards

Hi Vivek,

Love to see that post dated cheque management app too :slight_smile:

Sounds great!

Please, link it here when you share your work.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m new to ERPNext but since we’ve decided to use it for our brewery, here’s what’s on my plate:

• develop a “micro brewery” app that helps brewers do their job
  • integrate SumUp as a payment method (both with the physical terminal and online payment).

Anyone interested in one of these topics is welcomed to join me :slight_smile:

Guillaume

1 Like