New UI Design for Frappe & ERPNext 🌈

Try in PWD
  • Wizard fails
  • retry wizard recursively many times.
  • refresh page to see /app page
  • if not, logout, login, refresh, reload, retry, clear cache. Something seems to have worked and it showed the new /app route.

Try in PWD

Screenshot

Edit: Please don’t hijack this post to solve docker issues

1 Like

This version is such beautiful work. Especially on user customizations on the front end.

Now that we’re here. On the workspaces. When adding more links, the Card Breaks have Link Type, and Link To as mandatory.

Neat, looks much better!:heart_eyes::heart:

Under Document Links, is it possible to specify that a link is only viewable/accessible after the parent document is submitted( in case the parent document in question is submittable)

Amazing Look!! :heart_eyes: Some next level stuff here!!

Congratulation ! It looks really clean and pretty :heart_eyes:
Can’t wait to ERPNext 13 stable release, trying dev branch now !

Really Awesome Work!!

I’ve tried it and the disabled fields have the same background as normal fields at my test site. Not sure if it meant to be this way.

New UI

V12

If so, I believe it would cause confusion.

2 Likes

Hey @Muad96, thanks for the compliment!

Changes in the following PR should help distinguish the disabled input better.
https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/12343

1 Like

On clicking on the integrations link:

On clicking on any side menu on the left, I think the system should take you to the top of the page.

E.g. click on Accounting, scroll al the way to the bottom. Now click on say Retail, which has fewer items on the workspace, it doesn’t take you to the top. Can be a bit confusing to users.

Another error :anguished:

Seems variables.scss is being picked up without the proper extension

Updating DocTypes for erpnext       : [========================================] 100%
Updating DocTypes for expense_request: [========================================] 100%
Updating Dashboard for frappe
Updating Dashboard for erpnext
Updating Dashboard for erpnext_documentation
Updating Dashboard for expense_request
Updating customizations for Address
Updating customizations for Contact
Updating customizations for Accounts Settings
Updating customizations for Expense Entry
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 99, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py", line 18, in main
    click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name='bench')
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/click/decorators.py", line 17, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/__init__.py", line 26, in _func
    ret = f(frappe._dict(ctx.obj), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py", line 296, in migrate
    skip_search_index=skip_search_index
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/migrate.py", line 89, in migrate
    frappe.get_attr(fn)()
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/website/doctype/website_theme/website_theme.py", line 185, in after_migrate
    doc.generate_bootstrap_theme()
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/website/doctype/website_theme/website_theme.py", line 80, in generate_bootstrap_theme
    frappe.throw('<div style="font-family: monospace;">{stderr}</div>'.format(stderr=stderr))
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 411, in throw
    msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator='red', is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 390, in msgprint
    _raise_exception()
  File "/home/frappe-admin/bench-13/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 344, in _raise_exception
    raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: <div style="font-family: monospace;">Error: File to import not found or unreadable: frappe/public/scss/website/variables.<br>        on line 1 of ../erpnext/erpnext/public/scss/website.scss<br>        from line 117 of stdin<br>>> @import "frappe/public/scss/website/variables";<br><br>   ^<br><br></div>
1 Like

This is awsome. Thank you guys.
But where is the chat button?

thank you

This is the best work done by frappe yet! What an interface. The impressive part is how responsive and fast it is. Awesome awesome work.

1 Like

Everyhting works fine, but not only the chat button missing.
There is no accounts in Email Inbox.

1 Like

I know its in dev branch, but private attachment option doesnt work and it’s very annoying.

Honestly, I am lost with the new UI. New Looks good but the clarity and standardization of forms across in V12 reduced the onboarding time. Looks like too much of things to grasp and navigate.
Maybe I am so used to v12 UI. But one thing I am sure, it will take effort for most users in my office to actually navigate and do things in new UI.

1 Like

Any idea on when this will be rolled out to frappecloud?

Mark file as privet seems to work, just there is no feedback on ui. :slight_smile:

And email inbox also work, it just moved to another location. My bad :slight_smile:

thank you for your hard work

I just started setting up erpnext like 2 weeks ago and it is v13. I couldnt find the chat button anywhere. Been reading around on where it is.