New HTML Editor in ERPNext v11

Hello,

I am looking at the new version 11. Now at:

ERPNext: v11.0.3-beta.20 () (staging)
Frappe Framework: v11.0.3-beta.25 () (staging)

The new HTML editor used for all HTML fields is much less functional than the previous one used in version 10!!

Shortcomings include:

• Cannot work on code like the one in version 10. Which is a major issue.
  • Editing an image size does not work on Chrome and worked on Firefox.
  • Without the coding, cannot edit the image properties!

Did I miss something about the new editor? For example, was anyone able to resize an image from within the editor in Chrome? How?

Just to make sure we are aligned, I am attaching the screen shot showing the image without handlers to pick and drag to resize the image.

Chrome screenshot:

Firefox screenshot:

Old Editor in v10:

Can we vote to keep the old editor? Who agrees to keep the old editor?

What do you think?

Regards,
K

3 Likes

@knimer I agree with you.

Also, it is not supporting a bulleted list in RTL

Hi, in my case, the html editor not found for the Web Site módule.

Any similar issue?

Thanks

Can someone post this as an issue on github. I am not a technical person… and do not know if this is under ERPNext or Frappe… Will be great to raise this in github.

@knimer Done

1 Like

Hi @knimer,

thank you for sharing! Not being able to edit the html code is an absolute no-go, this is essential!

May be this can help

1 Like

Is this resolved? I used a lot of html to customize some of the printed info (for example T&C) When trying to migrate I cannot get this to work for the moment. Ant work around that is useable?

Please Help, Since bench update to V11, I unintentionally clicked save my website front page without any changes, and my front page of my website css becomes chaos, which later I noticed, I cannot change code using HTML editor. please help to point out how to restore from the previous version of the html code ? it was a already a complex layout and coloring, took me 4 days to designed it.

You can try this solution, but I think that you are going to find that some of your original HTML code is gone and will need to be re-created. Sorry.

1 Like