New Fiscal year opening balance and retained earning

Hi,

I just closed my financial year on 30 June 2015 and started new Fiscal year 2015-2016 on 1 July 2015.
I noticed that the closing balances as at 30 June 2015 for all Balance sheet and P&L accounts are brought forward into new Fiscal year as opening balance.
Except for Balance Sheet accounts, the opening balance for P&L accounts in new fiscal year supposed to be 0.
I also noted that in the new fiscal year Balance Sheet, the Retained earning are not automatically updated once the the financial year end closed.

My queries:

1. is there any setting to ensure opening balance of P&L accounts in new fiscal year are 0.
  2. for Retained earnings, can it be made automatically updated in new Fiscal year?

Thank you.

Andrew

@ataslim07 you have to add a closing entry to clear all your P&L accounts before moving to a new year.

https://manual.erpnext.com/contents/accounts/tools/period-closing-voucher

Hi Rmehta,

Thank you for your email.

I will take a look on it.

Cheers,

Andrew Taslim

CoreBPM Pte Ltd - 51 Tai Seng Ave - #03-06 Pixel Red - Singapore 533941
T: 66318438 F: 66318320

This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of CoreBPM Pte Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this e-mail in error.