Currently there has been some limitations in the Manufacturing Module and some features to be improved to suit manufacturing a more complicated finished product. One major problem that we have identified is that features around Operation is not fully identified/used. Currently we have identified these issues:
- We cannot identify which items in the Materials are under which operations.
- We cannot start Production Order if ALL Materials are not in stock because you will have stock error on Save whereas in reality, you can actually start one Operation while waiting for other stocks in another operation.
- We currently don’t have “Set-up Time” setup in Production Order and in Operation.
- It doesn’t make sense to set-up just Operation Time in operation since we need to have “Set-up” as well as an important step before every operation.
- Operation Cost is supposedly multiplies by the “Qty” produced.
- Each Operation is a WIP and it doesn’t make sense to have 1 WIP Warehouse for all the operation. This will not allow you to trace in which WIP operation does an Item is already in real time.
- In the current design, we cannot identify how many are already produced in an operation and how many are pending. We only see the general progress of all the operations.
- In every operation, we don’t have Start Date/Time and End Date/Time to know how much time we have already consumed for the particular operation. There is just this general Start Date and End Date for the entire Production.
These are our new feature suggestions to have a solution to the issues above.
- Routing code links from Material Item to Operations to identify which material is under which operation.
- We will remove Production Order validation to check material stock when clicking Start. Rather, we will implement a start/stop on the Operation level and have the validations there.
- We will add Setup Time and have Total Runtime as “Setup + Operation Time”. This can be integrated to the Timesheet creation as well.
- Operation Cost should not be defined under Operation but should be defined and Identified in the Production Order based on the Qty to Produce.
- Each Operation should have each own Operation Warehouse instead of the general WIP Warehouse. This will be very helpful to users to see the real progress of the Production Order.
- Add QTY Finished and QTY Pending fields in Operation.
- We need to allow functionality to make Material Transfer using Operation Warehouse instead of the default WIP Warehouse.
- Add Start Date/Time and End Date/Time for each Operations.
Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.