[New Feature] Configurable Dashboard View

Last time i checked.

I also have a v12 on develop…still cannot see the dashboard

Has anyone been able to see this dashboard?

Nupe. Able to create Number Card etc, but just can’t get to this dashboard view at all. I’ve even tried altering my URL in the browser to call the dashboard view, and it just doesn’t happen to me. Tried on develop, version-13-beta…

Over to you @prssannad, is this feature available or not? If available what are we doing wrong?

We can pull the original PR in our development bench and check out the feature, I just haven’t had the time. And this view is going to be helpful for so many users. Oh boy, I hope we can customize our desk and add a Number Card into it when this rolls out for sure :grin:

How can I use the number cards?

Outstanding job!!

Just tried the feature. Awesome!

However, I have a custom DocType with bunch of currency fields, and this Dashboard view only seems to call “float” fields, but no currency fields from a custom DocType.

Hope you guys make it call currency fields in the new future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @iMoshi

How did you try it ?

I have a new, custom DocType. In the DocType I have currency fields and float fields as well. Much like quotation.

My float fields are for item weight, shipping days etc. And my currency fields are for custom rate, custom margin, custom subtotal etc.

Then I went to create number cards from the Dashboard view and tried to fetch my currency fields but none was avail. I only saw my weight, shipping days etc fields which are “float” type. I tried Sum, Average, Minimium etc, all the available options but nothing worked.

Then I went to Quotation, and created number cards and I was able to fetch currency fields such as Grand Total, Sun total etc :slight_smile:

I have the verrrry latest develop branch of both Frappe and ERPNext as of right now.

And thanks for looking into this :smiley:

Hi @wale

Thanks for pointing this out! This PR will change the implementation so that the data on Charts and Cards will be restricted by user permissions.

1 Like

@iMoshi Charts and Cards do fetch currency fields, but to avoid multi currency issues, they only fetch company currency fields. You can make a field a company currency field by setting this in the docfield options:
Company:company:default_currency

1 Like

Welcome back @prssannad

How do I get the dashboard to show up on the side bar?

For example am on sales invoice page and I do not se ethe dashboard link under reports as shown above .

I have tried both V12 and v13 .
Regards

This feature is on develop branch not on v12 or v13.

Thanks

Gotcha. Will proceed with the method! Thanks guys, awesome work!

Any other workaround to Company:company:default_currency if one has no ERPNext installed? Only Frappe?

You wouldn’t have Currency option if you don’t have ERPNext installed. So, you either make a new doctype or an app replicating the currency doctype, and instead of calling company:default_currency you would call the the new Doctype.

1 Like

My Number Cards are only working when function is Count. For other fonctions, it just displays “Loading” and the Javascript error is:
utils.js:134 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined
at shorten_number (utils.js:134)
at NumberCardWidget.get_formatted_number (number_card_widget.js:123)
at number_card_widget.js:111
at Object.with_doctype (model.js:108)
at number_card_widget.js:110

Any hints?

Actually found out that it just tests for the string “Company:company:default_currency” in the field options. So it still works even when ERPNext isn’t installed

Hi @Clement_Uwajeneza1, are you getting this error on latest develop?

1 Like