Over the past few weeks, we have been working on a new documentation website that simplifies the contribution process and has a newer look and feel.
A few minutes back we have pointed docs.erpnext.com to this new site.
The GitHub repository is archived and the new contribution guidelines are here.
How to Contribute
Broadly the steps to make a change to the documentation is as follows
- Go to the page on which you want to make changes
- At the bottom of the page you will find the
- On clicking the Edit button you should see a UI like this
- Now you can edit the markdown code and check the preview on the
- If you do not want to edit markdown and want to edit via the WYSIWYG Editor click on the switcher and choose Rich-Text
- For uploading images:
- In Markdown mode
1. Click on add attachment button to upload an image
2. Use the copy link button to get the link copied
3. Then paste the link in the editor to display the image
- In WYSIWYG editor:
1. You can either paste a copied image
2. Drag and drop an image
3. Use the image button on top of the editor
- After editing the file click on the Submit button and wait for your changes to get submitted
- Once submitted you will see this screen
- On this screen you can track all your contributions and wait for a reviewer to review your changes and either approve, reject or request changes
- You can click on open contribution to continue your work or use the comment system to communicate with the reviewer
- If you want to create a new page instead of editing a page you will find the New Page link at the bottom of the Left Sidebar, the process then is similar to editing
- You can also drag and drop sidebars on the edit/ new page to rearrange them(Use this only when necessary)
Hoping to see lots of contributions!