Hi @netchampfaris, I get the following error when trying to fund a bounty:
However, the money’s left my PayPal account
What is the current status for Bounties / Funding for ERPNext?
Can’t Find the bounty pages and FAQ working… Are the links broken or moved somewhere else ?
I think it’s here : https://erpnext.org/bounties
But this link is dead : https://erpnext.org/bounties-faq
The bounties page is down… I was just thinking about contributing some of our modules back to the community
that’s a great idea
- the best way to contribute your work back to the rest of us would be to send a pull request to the core code on github.
- the bounty system on the erpnext.org site seems not to be maintained any longer. Also I don’t get how this was related to your plan (to contribute your work back to the community)
- if it was a monetary donation or something of the likes you had in mind the only way I could think of was to joing the ERPNext Foundation and support the community via the membership fee
- We’re not actually looking for monetary returns for contribution, we’re actually thinking of contributing it in exchange of status, that’s why I was interested to check out the bounty system.
- Joining the foundation is in the pipeline, we just started so as soon as we are ready, we will contact Frappe/ERPNext.
- Our end objectives really is to get some development guidance on customizations.
Your response is a bit more confusing Lee
Do you have modules that you have developed and want to contribute to the core? If yes send a pull request, it will be reviewed and if found ok, it will be merged.
Not much at the moment, as we just started out.
But we do have one that is related to consignment purchasing process.
Will get my tech guys to push it out eventually.
if you want to contribute any code for ‘status’, as you say. There is no bounty system whatsoever involved. If you are looking for guidance how to contribute your code I suggest you open a separate Topic because it is not related to this here I believe.
so is erpnext.org/win-the-lottery or any other random link
if you check through the dropdown menues of erpnext.org you’ll not find any bounty reference. So finally the apparently depreciated bounty sytem as per this Topic from a long time has been taken offline also in that regards.
I think it is a fair bet to assume that there is no existing ERPNext specific bounty system. If anyone wanted to create a bounty for ERPNext ddevelopment of whatever kind though … bountysource.com is still online as it always has been.
Actually there are actually some open bounties on bountysource
I am closing this topic now therefore because further discussions are pointless I believe