Need to Add Multiple Leads for already existing Customers

Hello guys,

I need to add multiple leads on the existing customer. For that, I added a table multi-select for select leads. and add code to set the value to table multi-select,

onload(frm)
  {
console.log(frm.doc.lead_name)
if(frm.doc.lead_name !== undefined)
{
    frm.set_value("from_lead","WZ-LEAD-2022-00166")
    console.log("Fine................!!!")
}
 }

can add customers from Lead directly, that way lead is automatically added by default on customer doc.

so if the lead value is present in the data filed, I need to set that value to the table multi-select field

But my above code is not working. so please help me with this.

I need like this this is my customer doc now

Thanks

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a question

Why do you need this?

What is the use case scenario for this ?

Hi @olamide_shodunke

I need to add multiple leads for one customer. This means A lead comes with one requested service and that convert to customer…But the same customer again comes as lead with another service. In that case, the customer does not need to add again…so I need to add multiple leads with one customer

Do not use lead for that purpose

You should use Opportunities.

That is what Opportunities are meant for

Hope this helps

Hi @olamide_shodunke this my requirement

For eg: In the lead one customer requested website development and the same customer again requested digital marketing service… both services are 2 leads but for the same customer. So I need to link the 2 leads under the same customer

Actually, in our case, we more using lead doc more than opportunity.

@jinsy

I am tryjng to explain to you that you are using leads wrongly

A lead by definition is a prospect who has never bought anything from you before.

Once this lead buys something from you, they become a customer.

An Opportunity is any busines/transaction you are pursuing from either a lead or a customer.

Once the opportunity is confirmed you convert it to a quote or a sales order.

You can then track the progress of the opportunity and run analytics on it .

This is the way this is handled by ALL CRMs including ERPNext.

@olamide_shodunke

That I know, only the opportunity is converted to the customer .But in Our company more use lead doc…after follow-up lead may be converted to a customer.

@jinsy

My last response on this, hope it helps

Opportunity is NOT converted to customer

Lead is converted to Customer …Just Once.

Why not try the aproach of using Opportunities in your demo environment and maybe you will get my point.

You are using Leads and the CRM the wrong way.

Maybe someone else can help you after this

OK Thanks

I want to pick this up, because we have the same sort of issue and I’m curious to know what your response is. I understand that we are technically using leads “incorrectly”. Every organization has different needs and requirements though, so hear me out:

In our case we have an external sales force - employees of businesses who partner with us. We give them access to specific Leads, and they have the option to create their own Leads. Since they are not employees, we strictly control what they have access to; e.g. they don’t even have access to the Sales Orders they generate.

The sales force is the lowest common denominator for access to the system. I’m sure training for sales is always a challenge, but in our case it’s next to impossible since they aren’t our employees and have their own systems to deal with. This means two of the hard requirements that we need to meet is: simplicity and intuitiveness. Having two doctypes (Leads and Opportunities) for a what is to them a lead is confusing and needlessly complicated, because it requires checking in two different places to accomplish the exact same thing. That doesn’t make sense under any circumstances, and could be the point the OP was trying to make. In our case what is “properly” an Opportunity for us could properly be a Lead for the external sales rep.

Complicating the entire situation is that we have an old company with old data. The company no longer exists, and many of the customers never purchased a product from our current business. For practical purposes, they are loaded into the system. This means we occasionally come across people that sales needs to interact with that have never even been customers of our current company.

An unbreakable rule for systems development is that if a system isn’t used, or used incorrectly (it doesn’t matter how “correct” it is) it isn’t a resource for the company, it’s a burden. After all, a system is only as good as the data in it. We don’t have control over training (all we can do is provide materials), and sales reps constantly leave and are replaced in these companies anyway (we’re always dealing with new users).

What we need for our system to work is a single way for sales to interact with potential customers of any kind. We already have issues simply because the current Lead form is disorganized for our purposes; introducing an “Opportunity” Doctype to sales would make things exponentially confusing for them.

My point is that Leads and Opportunities are great when you have control over training and need that level of organization, but sometimes too much organization can work against you, as it does in our case.

I hope this makes sense to you. Thoughts?