Naming Series for Batch ID

Hello,

Is it possible to automate Batch ID using naming series? How?

Tks

1 Like

Can you explain your use-case?

We need same feature, like create new batch automatically in Purchase Receipt. It will saves a lot of time.
May be we can develop some custom solution.

Yes when making material receipt/purchase receipt, it will create batch id automatically based on defined naming series…if it’s batch items. No need to create it manually.

Maybe in the item master we can define prefix or template for batch id

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Yes when making material receipt/purchase receipt, it will create batch id automatically based on defined naming series…if it’s batch items. No need to create it manually.

Maybe in the item master we can define prefix or template for batch id

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

@jof2jc Not out of the box.

Sponsor!

Anybody in the forum who’d like to join-sponsor for this feature?
I notice that serial no already has this feature. It has the series in the item-master to create serial-nos automatically on receiving new items.

Similar feature for batch items…It will save A LOT OF TIME rather than creating batch-id one by one…

1 Like

I Agree, there should be a way to create batch number automatically from purchase receipt.
@jof2jc have you found any solution on this?

No, for now I just use naming series for batch… This actually would be not so difficult for developer to create this feature built-in with some modifications…as serial no has this functionality…but unfortunately I’m not expert developer…

On stock entry, purchase receipt there must be a field to define per batch qty…e.g. qty is 50 then put 10 as batch qty. On submit system will create 5 batch ids based on define series

I am working on this. No ETA

Thanks @rmehta
Currently have created custom field naming_series in batch, changed the doctype Batch auto_name as naming_series:

Creating a function on before_save event of Purchase receipt, & Purchase Invoice (Subject to update stock is checked) to create new batch number for each row of items.
on_cancel/on_trash event of purchase receipt/invoice call custom app function to delete Batch updated in each item row.

I am a novice developer, Let me know if I can contribute in anyways.

Just made a pull for batch creation. [enhance] automatic batch creation, move and split by rmehta · Pull Request #8509 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

Just seen the gif, haven’t tested it yet…it seems the design is user has to go to batch master to split or move the batches, link it to source documents and select warehouses etc…

I still don’t get the ideas behind this design…

Business-wise…I think users would expect… it shall work similarly with automatic serial no creation… we just need to add split qty in purchase receipt/invoice, stock entry when adding batch items…