Mysql in place of Mariadb - or both

I wish very much to try ERPNext. However upon attempting to install it the install routine replaced Mysql with Mariadb which had an immediate effect on other server software.

My preference would be to use Mysql with ERPNext. Is this possible?

If this is not possible, the only alternative would be Docker or VM. So my follow up question is… Since I’ve not used Docker, is there any clear tutorial on installing ERPNext as a Docker yet with Mariadb included in the Docker instead of in the host OS.

Thanks.

Jay
CompuMatter

Please follow the links

ERPNext VM : https://erpnext.com/download
Docker Setup : GitHub - frappe/frappe_docker: Docker images for production and development setups of the Frappe framework and ERPNext

Thank you for your prompt response to this question.

Question for you. If I used the Docker Setup link above - upon installing, will there be any changes to my existing host MySql installation.

I have never used Docker before and it is very important installing ERPNext using Docker does not disrupt my host MySql or replace it the host with Mariadb as my other host applications will break.

Your thoughts ?

Jay

Also, if I did not use Docker / VM, can you confirm that I may, or may not use Mysql as a preferred DB over MariaDB to play well with our other applications

Thanks.

Jay