Multiple Project in single sales invoice

Hi ERPNEXT,

We have a scenario that our client would like to billed on a single sales invoice for multiple project.

We tried adding the project on the items table under the accounting dimension section how ever we got an error while saving. It says that all rows should be in the same project. Is there a workaround we can use to have a sales invoice for multiple projects

1 Like

That one may need some customisation in the invoice templates and also going to the code

Yes, What I did was to create a custom doctype to facilitate the requirement then created a server script for it to be passed to the sales invoice

It’s a bigger problem than it seems. There would need to be a ledger doctype to store the project/dimension entries. Not sure how ERPNext handles this.

you need to put project field in the item table l don’t know how it can be done in ERPNext but thats its done sage pastel so you simply have to put a column for projects in items table

Hello Comm!
Any update on this one? This is very important for many project based companies.

I believe you can map multiple projects in a single Invoice. Not sure if it wasn’t possible previously, but as far as I’ve used the system over the past year, I’ve been able to do it.

Just give the various projects under the accounting dimensions section of each line item.

1 Like

I recommend using separate sales item lines.

1 Like

Have you tried it? which version of ERPNext!

if you are able to do it, can you please post some screenshot?

1 Like

I’m using ERPNext V14.60+

Is this not what is required?

This is right! But when you create your invoices from two delivery notes from two different projects then it does not let you.

have a try please.

It allowed me to create a sales invoice from multiple delivery notes having different projects mapped in their line items.

Did you try mapping the project in the line item’s accounting dimension?

1 Like

Absolutely I did! But its not working.

@Void_Moon Hi Jay!

How are you creating the invoices?

Create button via delivery note?

Or get items from button in invoices?

Try once without giving the project in the invoice’s Accounting Dimension (the one outside the table in the main form). Only give the child table’s accounting dimension.

1 Like

My two cents: It didn’t work for me on v14 if those item lines come from different Sales Orders.

Tried it, as @Monolithon Said , it doesn’t work.

Okay, I think I found a way to replicate the issue you’re facing.

I created two delivery notes having two different projects mapped in the document’s (not the line item child table, but the parent document’s) Accounting Dimension.

Then when I tried to fetch them in a sales Invoice the Sales Invoice’s (parent document’s) Accounting Dimension gets overridden (as there can only be one dimension mapped). This causes a validation error with the delivery note’s accounting dimensions (as only one project is properly mapped and the other project for the other delivery note throws error).

However, if you don’t specify the accounting dimension in the parent document of the delivery note, instead map the project in the line item of the delivery note, then when fetching them in the invoice there is no error.

As you can see here, the invoice is saved (And also submitted without an issue.)