Multiple invoices from same SO

Hello,

Can I creat multiple invoices from the same SO? Some time we have payment milestones, and we need to invoice the customer at different stages, like for example:

30% on proof of procurment of sub-supplier material
30% on completion of testing at factory (FAT)
40% on delivery

Regards,
Ahmed

Hello team,

I continue to face this requirement routinely. Can somebody shed some light on how this can be achieved? I know it’s not built-in functionality out of the box.

Regards,
Ahmed

Yes, this ‘multi payment’ scheme is a common practice in many projects.

As a temporary work around, regardless of this feature is available now in ERPNext or not, can you try to create multiple SO instead? Each SO only cover some part of the invoice value?

Thanks for your response Ismail. Many SO for the same customer PO is not
good accounts or operations practice. For now we are printing the SO with a
different print heading and send it,but it is also not a good practice
since we can’t track how much money invoiced and how much pending easily.

may be create SO with multiple item to replicate the stages?
30% on proof of procurment of sub-supplier material
30% on completion of testing at factory (FAT)
40% on delivery

Thanks, but how this will help me in linking a number of invoices to the same SO and tracking the remaining amounts to be billed. I appreciate your input still.

One workable idea that I thought of is to create a Project for such kind of orders, and then create new Sales Invoices and link them to the project. But still it’s difficult to create a project for each SO, plus there will be a problem with the SO showing as Pending since there is no single amount that completed the SO value.

You can issue multiple invoices for 1 SO. Invoice 1 30% Invoice 2 30% …so on

Any update with this issue? i have some problem.

Any updates? :roll_eyes:

I think the solution was given.

You can create as many invoices you need against a SO, however what you can’t do is just invoice 30% of the product or something like that, because is something related to a production progress and not quantity of the product.

Regards,

Alirio.