Try ERPNext Buy Support Partners Foundation

Multiple instances of ERPNext in one server

Hi,
Is it possible to run more than one ERPNext in a server?

eg. I want to run two ERPNext for different companies under different domains

Thanks,
Andri



Note:

 

If you are posting an issue,

  1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
  2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
  3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

     

    End of Note



    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/ce940b1e-2415-42f9-96e8-6db9348ea601%40googlegroups.com.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Andri Halim Gunawan
an...@krupuksuryajaya.com wrote:

Hi,

Hi Andri,

Is it possible to run more than one ERPNext in a server?

Yes, Frappe is a multitenant system. You can install another site
using frappe --install dbname sitename and then proceed to install
frappe --install_app erpnext sitename and frappe --install_app shopping_cart sitename

You will also have to adjust the nginx config to setup virtualhosts
for each of this site (that seems to be a little out of scope for the
forum).

Thanks,

Pratik
erpnext

Thanks for the prompt reply,
Can I confirm with you the steps:
1. Install the first ERPNext using the instruction on: https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench
2. After that type: `frappe --install dbname sitename` and then proceed to install  `frappe --install_app erpnext sitename` and `frappe --install_app shopping_cart sitename` 
3. Set up the nginx virtual host.

And it's `frappe --install dbname sitename` NOT `frappe --install sitename dbname`?

Also:
Can you please explain: ./scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]

What's the "single" parameter is for?

Regards,
Andri

On Monday, May 12, 2014 11:30:22 AM UTC+7, Pratik Vyas wrote:
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Andri Halim Gunawan
<an...@krupuksuryajaya.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Andri,

> Is it possible to run more than one ERPNext in a server?
>

Yes, Frappe is a multitenant system. You can install another site
using `frappe --install dbname sitename` and then proceed to install
`frappe --install_app erpnext sitename` and `frappe --install_app
shopping_cart sitename`

You will also have to adjust the nginx config to setup virtualhosts
for each of this site (that seems to be a little out of scope for the
forum).


Thanks,
--
Pratik
erpnext



Note:

 

If you are posting an issue,

  1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
  2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
  3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

     

    End of Note



    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/e246c759-85c8-4a05-98af-52daad1e461b%40googlegroups.com.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Andri Halim Gunawan
an...@krupuksuryajaya.com wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply,
Can I confirm with you the steps:

  1. Install the first ERPNext using the instruction on:
    https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench
  2. After that type: frappe --install dbname sitename and then proceed to
    install frappe --install_app erpnext sitename and frappe --install_app shopping_cart sitename
  3. Set up the nginx virtual host.

yes

And it’s frappe --install dbname sitename NOT frappe --install sitename dbname?

Now that you have pointed this out I think I should switch the params
in the shell script for consistency.

Also:
Can you please explain: ./scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]

What’s the “single” parameter is for?

install.sh with no params would setup a Python virtualenv in env directory.

Adding the single argument with sitename and dbname would setup Frappe
for a single site. It hardcodes some things for a single site.

Thanks,

Pratik
erpnext

Thanks for the clarification :)

On Monday, May 12, 2014 11:46:58 AM UTC+7, Pratik Vyas wrote:
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Andri Halim Gunawan
<an...@krupuksuryajaya.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply,
> Can I confirm with you the steps:
> 1. Install the first ERPNext using the instruction on:
> https://github.com/frappe/frappe-bench
> 2. After that type: `frappe --install dbname sitename` and then proceed to
> install  `frappe --install_app erpnext sitename` and `frappe --install_app
> shopping_cart sitename`
> 3. Set up the nginx virtual host.

yes
>
> And it's `frappe --install dbname sitename` NOT `frappe --install sitename
> dbname`?

Now that you have pointed this out I think I should switch the params
in the shell script for consistency.

>
> Also:
> Can you please explain: ./scripts/install.sh single [sitename [dbname]]
>
> What's the "single" parameter is for?

install.sh with no params would setup a Python virtualenv in env directory.

Adding the single argument with sitename and dbname would setup Frappe
for a single site. It hardcodes some things for a single site.

Thanks,
--
Pratik
erpnext



Note:

 

If you are posting an issue,

  1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
  2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
  3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

     

    End of Note



    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/b1e7a985-726f-42c7-a8a8-875faf7f3ecf%40googlegroups.com.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

i did setup my nginx config but the site does not seem to work. here is my nginx.conf http://pastebin.com/ky06vPVy
i want to run this on a subdomain on the server, my site config /etc/nginx/sites-availabe/erp1.domain.org as follows http://pastebin.com/YKXH9Mky but server keeps on loading

Do you want multiple instances?
The config looks good for a single site.
What is the output of

sudo service nginx restart
curl -I localhost

$ curl -I localhost

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 12:17:13 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 840
Last-Modified: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 18:10:15 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: “54ca7787-348”
Accept-Ranges: bytes

i have hosted some websites by creating virtual hosts and those are loading perfectly. i am on a digitalocean vps