Multiple Cost Centers - 1 invoice

Hi,

Is it possible divide 1 invoice among multiple cost centers? 20% in cost center A, 60% in cost center B, for example.

thanks
Sofia

1 Like

Hi Sofia,

I take it that you want to automatically account that Invoice analytically after having it submitted?
But if so why only the cost centers? And where will the other 20% go? :smile:

Well as far as I know via setting up the service´s or item´s purchase and sales details so that they get posted
accordingly!?
e.g. having an item for cost center A and one for cost center B.
Others then that so in case you have some sort of a flat fee to invoice I can only imagine custom scripting
wich to get you further would require more details about your Market or what you are invoicing to accomplish that

rgds

Yeah, you can split item wise.

What if I want to split an invoice for 1 item between 2+ cost centers? For example, if my cost centers reflect my departments (admin, sales, operations) and I have 1 electricity bill, how can I designate 30% of the electricity bill to the admin cost center, 30% to sales, and 40% to operations?

thanks
Sofia

Hi Sofia,

if you have a fixed splitt you can create bundle Product that
contains the appropriate amounts of single items per cost center so
it splits the total amounts — hope that helps
f.e.
Your Kilowatt hour (electricity) is a bundled product consiting of 3 electricity child Items
so one for each cost centre - or even more - base price for the childitem is the price for 1 KWh.
so your bundles product would consist of
0,3x admin electricity;
0,3x sales electricity
0,4x operations electricity
equals 1 electricity main
That times your KWH is your invoice

rgds

@spa, good idea, thanks!

@sofia,

my pleasure

rgds