Multiple companies setup

I’ve created two companies:

1. ABC (Default)
  2. XYZ

Both have their own

• COA (Chart of Acct)
  • Item Groups & Item with their own: Default Income Account, Default Expense Account, Default Cost Center

But still all income is attributed to default company’s COA. Why? What are doing wrong?

I assume, there is no way to segregate Customers by company. Also, I did not see any option to segregate uses by company.

Thanks

Best
Arun

Multi-company in ERPNext is designed if you have common master data.

If your companies are completely different, you should setup different databases.

2 Likes

But what is common master data? and if all Sales & expenses are to be attributed to a single company only then what is the purpose of creating multiple co.?
Also, the Cost Centers do not work as designed
There is no option in SalesOrder or Sales Inv to select Income or CostCenter A/c?

Sorry don’t get your question.

You can select the Company in most of the sales / purchase / accounts transaction.

How can i setup separate database to use a different company ?

1 Like

You’ll have to create Multitenant setup for that -
https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ffrappe%2Fbench%2Fwiki%2FMultitenant-Setup&usg=AFQjCNFuZO3Mu1vJ8Mt5O_hcPOQHXxjNiw&bvm=bv.129422649,d.c2I

@rmehta

Hi, is it possible to restrict the items for Multiple companies??
Suppose i have company ABC and XYZ
Product called P1, ABC company only need to access this not XYZ

@rmehta thank for your replay …

But the meaning of multi company in the systems, that you have all companies in one database, and all transaction in one place, only the mangers, or the auditors can see the all transaction of all companies.

The employee use the system normally, becuase he can’t see any data in onther company, just you separate the customers, suppliers, accounts, …etc.

This is already in ERPNext, you can separte the transaction, and some of data master, but other data master like items, supplier, customers you can only separate by Custom Script.

By the way, there are some companies that also want to separate their print format as well as serial numbers and the workflows, as each company has almost everything different from the rest of the companies because it may be a separate entity in itself.

All this may be different, but the most important thing is that the transactions are in one place.