I’m facing the problem with multiple advance payments with different currency…
Bellow is the situation…
- Make a purchase order to USD supplier (with rate 13,846)
- At the same month of PO, 20% advance payment to supplier (with rate 13,846)
- At the next month of PO, 80% advance payment to supplier (with rate 13,395)
- Receive item and make purchase invoice with rate of month (13,395)
After process this, Account Payable page shows record like bellow,
- Invoiced Amount : 97,113,750 IDR
- Paid Amount : 97,767,700 IDR
- Outstanding Amount : -653,950 IDR
I want to clear this recrod by input ‘Loss Foreign Exchange’ but can’t do because billing currency.
- System Currency : IDR
- Supplier Currency : USD
How can I clear this account payable problem?
Multi Currency is available in ERPNext.
Please refer following links.
You can also do following JV:
Invoice Amount: 97,113,750
Paid Amount(Supplier Account CR): 97,113,750 IDR
Bank Account(Debit): 97,767,700: IDR
Currency Exchange/Gain(Debit): 653,950 IDR
Thank you for reply…
- I already journaled when I payment in advance like bellow…
- Account ledger after I made purchase receipt like bellow…
- Account ledger after I made purchase invoice like bellow…
- Account payable data shows amount like bellow… (minus outstanding amount)
- I try to make a new JV to clear loss foreign exchange
- I can’t input correct IDR amount with ‘Creditor (USD)’ account ledger. Because it is USD…
How can I input loss foreign exchange about this situation?
@zemna You can select customer account currency in USD and Pay JV in USD(which is different from company currency IDR).
I have made some demo transaction, Please check.
Company Currency: USD
Customer Currency: CNY
On JV Customer also paying in CNY
You can need to login on demo and then open following link