Trying to setup a multi company instance where, Company A manufactures and B Trades.
There is a little stock kept in both companies.
How do I setup items?
- is_purchase, is_selling. As it will be only selling for company A but purchase and selling for B.
- default warehouse? is there Company wise default warehouse and reorder-level?
- company wise default expense accounts and cost center?
- inspection required at incoming and outgoing? shouldn’t this be warehouse wise?
- item supplier company wise?
@rijul: please find my IMHO suggestions below
Yes, both flags should be set on for Items that are operated by both companies.
There is a way to set up this per company. Every warehouse can be attached to a company.
This can be set up for every company separately.
Quality inspections are set up per Item (rather the per a Warehouse). You may want to review Incoming and In-Process Inspection for more insights
It is currently configured per an Item … (not per Item/Company combination)
Please also review the useful articles/forum threads below