Modifying the default issue form for customer portal

Hi guys,
I am new to erpnext and I’d like to know if it’s possible to modify the default form that appear in issue section when submitted by logged in customer.
This might be a dupe but I haven’t find any info regarding this.
The idea is next:

1. The customer logs to /me and accesses the issue section where it has a very simple submit form
  2. The customer will need to be able to select his items (pc/laptop/printer/etc) which I have designated on his account by automated linking of items that I will manually register to his account.
  3. The form will have a different layout but the main issue is how I designate a form that I made with custom css/html?

This might be too much to ask but can you please help me?
Thanks and sorry if I’m asking too much, I’m still new and trying to figure out the dynamics and I’ll surely contribute with the resolution.

ERPNext: v12.11.2 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.9.1 (version-12)

Cheers, Sorin.

Some doctypes have more complex templating, but I believe Issue is just a standard Web Form. From desk, if you go to the Web Form doctype list, you should see and be able to edit one called Issue. That will then alter the appearance of the Issue webform that customers see.

There’s a lot you can change here, including custom fields and javascript, which should help you to achieve the functionality you’re looking for. If not, I might be misunderstanding your goals.

The other option would be to create a separate app and template, but if editing the webform is sufficient it will be a simpler way to start.

1 Like

I’ll do my best to achieve that. I’ll get it going asap.
Thanks allot and I’ll note down every step.
Also, do you think it’s a good idea to change from production mode to dev mode and get the v13 beta?

1 Like