How do I implement ERPNext for a high-value item Repair business?
Dealing with stock and the flow of quote->stock entry->invoice->payment seems to be the most challenging. The biggest problem I have run into is dealing with how to build DocTypes and flows to correctly populate the stock ledger and then generate invoices.
Here is a common process:
- Customer books in their Device (DocType) on a new Repair (DocType).
- Technician diagnoses the problem (Workflow?)
- Technician requisitions stock from a stock room (ideal, but can get by without this)
- Stock requisition is fulfilled and released by a stock manager
- Technician inventorises used stock on the Repair (serialised stock), which should affect stock ledger (or it can happen in step 4).
- Device pass/fails quality control (QC)
- A Sales Invoice is issued by receptionist
- Customer receives an email to collect and pay
- The Repair is closed.
- Report on the exact cost of stock used to calculate profit/loss, preferably by using the exact purchase cost of the unit that was installed.
- Turns out the part is faulty and the Device is returned by the Customer.
- The faulty stock unit is identified and returned to manufacturer for credit note.
- This should increase loss in the books and we need to account for this.
Has anyone implemented ERPNext at any kind of repair business?