Missing apps in directory

Hello @lasalesi

i have been able to move past that error message…I am back at the genesis of my problem. See error below

:~/frappe-bench$ bench update
INFO:bench.utils:updating bench
INFO:bench.utils:git pull
Already up-to-date.
INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install Pillow
Requirement already satisfied: Pillow in ./env/lib/python2.7/site-packages
You are using pip version 9.0.3, however version 10.0.0 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.
INFO:bench.app:pulling frappe
INFO:bench.utils:git pull upstream develop
From GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript

• branch develop → FETCH_HEAD
    Already up-to-date.
    INFO:bench.utils:find . -name “*.pyc” -delete
    INFO:bench.app:pulling erpnext
    INFO:bench.utils:git pull upstream develop
    From GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
  • branch develop → FETCH_HEAD
    Already up-to-date.
    INFO:bench.app:pulling xlevel_petro
    INFO:bench.utils:git pull upstream master
    From https://github.com/PawanMeh/XL1
  • branch master → FETCH_HEAD
    Already up-to-date.
    Updating Python libraries…
    INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install --upgrade pip==9.0.3
    Requirement already up-to-date: pip==9.0.3 in ./env/lib/python2.7/site-packages
    You are using pip version 9.0.3, however version 10.0.0 is available.
    You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.
    INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q -r /home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/requirements.txt
    INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q -r ./apps/frappe/requirements.txt
    INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q -r ./apps/erpnext/requirements.txt
    Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-_OKeNV/frappe/
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 11, in
    load_entry_point(‘bench’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
    File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/bench/cli.py”, line 40, in cli
    bench_command()
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 722, in call
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
    File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
    File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/bench/commands/update.py”, line 58, in update
    _update(pull, patch, build, bench, auto, restart_supervisor, requirements, no_backup, force=force, reset=reset)
    File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/bench/commands/update.py”, line 74, in _update
    update_requirements(bench_path=bench_path)
    File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/bench/utils.py”, line 422, in update_requirements
    install_requirements(pip, req_file)
    File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/bench/utils.py”, line 486, in install_requirements
    exec_cmd(“{pip} install -q -r {req_file}”.format(pip=pip, req_file=req_file))
    File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/src/frappe-bench/bench/utils.py”, line 153, in exec_cmd
    raise CommandFailedError(cmd)
    bench.utils.CommandFailedError: ./env/bin/pip install -q -r ./apps/erpnext/requirements.txt

this line specifically, any idea on how to fix this ?

Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-_OKeNV/frappe/

i seem not to be able to install any application…this error keeps flagging

Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-Krty25/frappe/

@lasalesi

Thank you for your help thus far… I am close to solving my issues but my sites are still showing internal server error

and also i haven’t been able to reinstall some of my missing applications due to the error posted above. …

Will appreciate few more tips

@EnSeal

Do the following if you haven’t made local changes to files in the application:

1- go to folder /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext
and run the following command:

git reset --hard
git pull

2-go to folder /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe

git reset --hard
git pull

3-go to folder /home/frappe/.bench

git reset --hard
git pull

4-Finally goto /home/frappe/frappe-bench
and run:

bench update

@dufani1

Thanks for coming through

i am still getting same error…

1 Like

So now you are at server error 500? Is there any clue on bench start or bench migrate? Or do you find something in the logs folder?

Alternatively, have you considered running bench backup --with-files, do a clean install and restore the backup?

Thank you all for your responses

I had to crash the instance to reinstall and restore backup… Couldn’t resolve the issue

Warm regards