Minimum Order Quantity, ERROR

Dears, Anyone had this issue where you create a PO and it says there is a minimum order quantity (MOQ) of X and it is defined in the item? I dont see the MoQ defined. So it is really preplexing. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

I have to ask the obvious?

Did you check under Purchase Details in Buying > Item

Yes :slight_smile: I did check. I donā€™t even have that field displayed. Funnily, the doctype has the field. Dont know how to make it appear.

Any chance it is because ā€œmaintain stockā€ is not ticked?

One of the big pains with ERPNext, is to maintain LTS version. I am stuck with the older version because, functionally there is no need to go to version 10.

ERPNext: v8.11.1 (master)
Frappe Framework: v8.10.4 (master)

Ok, I found it and fixed it.

If ā€œmaintain stockā€ is not checked, then MoQ field is not displayed. So if there was a value (in my case 50) it was not displayed so it was confusing. Once I checked the box maintain stock, it displayed the value of MoQ = 50. I changed it and made it 0. And that fixed the issue.

1 Like

Surely updates and release frequency marks health and vitality.

Maintenance is just the result of that, and the pay now or pay later option is a bonus.

Perhaps you are stuck with a business constraint?

I guess a case here of be careful what you wish for :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if it is strictly about cost of upgrading. :slight_smile:
It is more the stability and loss of confidence with the business.
Which I think erodes the brand, which is priceless.

1 Like

Myself I will be relieved when ERPNext is ā€˜test infectedā€™

Tests mean stability but equally important, change detection that forces deliberate rather than convenient or even thoughtless change.

Test coverage is my pet peeve Help with Writing Tests - Foundation and community invite to help with 'do nothing' pass tests

edit: The key goal of test driven design is to implement the business case as defined by the end user!