I am currently using Erpnext on VirtualBox with the OVA image file. Now i have alot of data in this existing ErpNext.
I want to backup all the data and files from the current system and install a fresh linux flavour and deploy erpnext on it then restore the current data to the fresh erpnext.
- I need to understand how do i take full data and files backup from current erpnext on virtualbox. Is there any guide for this ?
- How do I restore it to the new erpnext? Any guide on this too?
Please help regarding this.
I am giving you steps that will be helpful to migrate ERPNext from one system to other.
- Download ova files from here https://erpnext.com/download
It’s ubuntu 14.04 LTS with preinstalled ERPNext and safe to run production system.
- take backup from ERPNext old server.
run command to take backup with files
bench backup --with files
- copy backup files to new server.
You can use ftp or ssh to copy files from old server to new server.
- unzip backup files using gunzip
- restore backup to new server
bench --site site1.local --force restore $path_to_sql_file.sql
(site1.local is erpnext site, you can create new sites, for creating new site see instructions here https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/bench/guides/setup-multitenancy.html)
Feel free to post any queries here.
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your help.
Will try this and get back to you.