Merge Warehouses

Hi All,

I have recently migrated to V13 as follows:

Installed Apps

ERPNext: v13.29.1 (HEAD)
Frappe Framework: v13.29.0 (HEAD)

I want to reorganise my warehouses by merging some and renaming others which was easy to do in earlier versions. Now when I try to rename a warehouse, the [name] field does not get changed; only the [warehouse_name] field can be altered. Furthermore, the merge checkbox no longer appears like it does for other masters.

Would appreciate any help in reorganising my warehouses.

Thanks

@adityahase @JayRam - apologies for the direct referencing.

I have an urgent need to deal with this issue and really appreciate some help.

After further investigation, I can see that the warehouse doctype has a “allow rename” check box in its form settings that needs to be enabled. However, I am no longer able to make any edits doctypes in V13. I was able to merge warehouses in previous versions.

Thanks

Sameer.

@sameermahendru

You can try the following as a workaround:

1. Move the inventory from the warehouse you want to merge into the final warehouse using stock transfer entry OR reconciliation.
  2. Disable that previous warehouse. This is effectively the same as merging warehouses.

Merging warehouse is prone to errors and rewrites lots of previous entries so it’s not advisable and hence it was removed.

@ankush

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I had considered your suggestion previously but have the following two issues:

1. I have over 10k items at present in a live system. Completing the necessary multiple stock transfers (cannot do more than 100 items at a time) will take time (and I am not sure how long). All other users will need to stop making entries for the period that stock transfers are being completed.

2. The disabled warehouses will occupy names that are currently relatable to the team and new warehouses will need different names.

Is there a way that I can enable the merge feature that already exists and test this on my local instance?