Maxmemory error

Hello All,

I have a case where we want to open a JV that was uploaded and submitted as an opening entry many moons back, it is a HUGE entry (I know, in hind site not a good practice) but the problem I am currently getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/load.py”, line 32, in getdoc
doc = frappe.get_doc(doctype, name)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 730, in get_doc
cache().hset(‘document_cache’, key, doc.as_dict())
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/redis_wrapper.py”, line 154, in hset
key, pickle.dumps(value))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py”, line 1992, in hset
return self.execute_command(‘HSET’, name, key, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py”, line 668, in execute_command
return self.parse_response(connection, command_name, **options)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py”, line 680, in parse_response
response = connection.read_response()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/connection.py”, line 629, in read_response
raise response
ResponseError: OOM command not allowed when used memory > ‘maxmemory’.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 61, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 21, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 56, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1026, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/load.py”, line 32, in getdoc
doc = frappe.get_doc(doctype, name)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 730, in get_doc
cache().hset(‘document_cache’, key, doc.as_dict())
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/redis_wrapper.py”, line 154, in hset
key, pickle.dumps(value))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py”, line 1992, in hset
return self.execute_command(‘HSET’, name, key, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py”, line 668, in execute_command
return self.parse_response(connection, command_name, **options)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/client.py”, line 680, in parse_response
response = connection.read_response()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/redis/connection.py”, line 629, in read_response
raise response
ResponseError: OOM command not allowed when used memory > ‘maxmemory’.

I understand this is an error from REDIS maxmemory parameter , is this correct?

if so , how do I increase it to a larger value knowing that it is set to 802MB as such

/config/redis_cache.conf:maxmemory 802mb

redis-cli info memory produces the following

Memory

used_memory:508344
used_memory_human:496.43K
used_memory_rss:8966144
used_memory_peak:509184
used_memory_peak_human:497.25K
used_memory_lua:36864
mem_fragmentation_ratio:17.64
mem_allocator:jemalloc-3.6.0

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Regards

1 Like

Just an Update

We had Payment Entries created that reference this Opening JV and now we can not cancel these payment entries.

The Interesting part is, we used to do that on V10, this is something that has changed when we upgraded to V11 !!!

ANY thoughts on this by anyone would be greatly appreciated

Apparently I am not grabbing anyone’s attention by this, I believe this should be looked at as this is an example of different behaviour from V10 to V11

You can appreciate resources here are voluntary. So why not take on this issue - search the web, do your own investigative trial and error and so on.

You may even want to engage a dedicated resource to resolve this.

Whatever you can identify and contribute back, the community would benefit and be grateful for of course.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate that, and I do appreciate very much that resources here volunteer their assistance.

One of the main usage of this resource (The bulletin) is to share experience that might benefit others, The reason I am raising this here as opposed the research and trial/error path, which I am doing of course; is that I have noticed a different behaviour between V10 and V11, this to me was a cause of concern, and I thought that sharing this concern with the community could be of value, if there is indeed a difference in “performance” related issues for the same instance right after upgrading from V10 to V11 then I thought the community should be interested in it.

Then again, I accept that I can be wrong, but I am reporting it from that perspective

Hi, Have you found solution on this issue ?