Making Auto Attendance work

Hello @kartik ,
i have followed the guide by this article, mostly from @kartik,

i have checkins at May. why i can’t see the attendance based on these days’s checkins.

i have two types of shift, morning and afternoon, both are assigned to employee HRM.

Based on the screenshots, the check-in times are different from the shift setup.
People can check-in from 12:30 pm - 7:00pm and any check-ins between these times will be considered.
Also first entry will be treated as IN type and the next one will be treated as OUT type based on the option selected in "Determine Check-in and Checkout" field.

Dear @kartik,
thank you! i followed your guide as shown in my screenshot:
i have two shift, morning(9:00-12:30) and afternoon(13:30-18:00),the morning shift setting is same as afternoon beside start and end time.
i imported new checkin from June first to third, as the order of in followed by out.

i thought it the background job is not working, so i checked the logs, found it was executed.

even though, i doubt it might not get inside the function of process_auto_attendance, so i put one log to find out, after i put below log, somehow the job is not working, i did not see the log above anymore.
that is really confused me. i did not know where i went wrong.

Did you assigned the shifts to employee before importing check in data ?

Please open the check in data and check that shift is marked on the record.

Thanks,

@mangroliya, thank you for your response, yes, i did.

Hi,

If you assigned the shift correctly, on check in details it should pick the shift like below:

Based on this shift system is marking attendance.

Thanks,

Dear @mangroliya,
thank you for point that out, yes, my check in details does not show the shift field as you marked, i checked the shift assignment, it was assigned to HRM, why HRM’s checkin does not have the shift field?

where i went wrong?

Dear @mangroliya,
good day, i finnally figure out why my checkins don’t have shift field, they are all imported via a csv files, when i mannually add one shift, the filed shows up. this bring me why can’t import checkins?

during the mannually add checkins, i encountered antoehr problem, our morning shift out time is 12:30, when i add out checkin after 12:30, it was automatically assigned to afternoon shift’s checkin? it should be morning check out, because my morning shift time end at 12:30

1 Like

hello everyone,
please somebody help here, still not making auto attendance working,

i did everything according to this article.
1, create shifts(moring and afternoon)–>enable auto attendence-> assign to a employee;
2, add checkins.

Is your issue resolved yet?

Can you search for the Scheduled Job Type doctype and check the status of this background job?

If it has failed, share the traceback. Also, what version are you using?

Dear Rucha Mahabal,
Thank you for your reply, it suddenly worked at day 19th June. i did not change anything. don’t know why?

Attendance marking depends on the Last Sync of Checkin. If your last sync of checkin is being updated then the attendance should function fine. More details here:

https://frappehr.com/docs/v14/en/auto-attendance#2-when-is-the-attendance-marked-automatically-for-a-particular-shift-

Hello,
How to automatically Attend for a shift without pressing the “Mark Attendance” button during that shift?

Checkin my staff here

Sorry, i’m a newbie. Help me, thanks. Best regards!

tx to @kartik @JayRam for the initial discussion.

Auto attendance is pretty nifty, yet clearly tricky to diagnose.
Quick recap of what helped me:

• Check if Shift type has been set
  • Check, double check and triple check auto attendance configuration
  • Check scheduled job list, logs
  • Process Attendance After only checkins after this ts will be processed
  • Last Sync of Checkin checkins up to this data have been synced (if using a biometric device) or added (manually/API), and attendance upto this date can be procssed.

** Last Sync of Checkin: this was the biggest gotcha for me, learned a bit too late, that this needs to be updated every time. You can either do it manually, or via a script/API.

As an admin i did all the steps.but when login as a user i can’t mark the attendance

Create permission needs to be given to the role.
Go to Role Permission Manager > Select Employee Checkin doctype > Select role which this particular user is assigned. e.g. Employee/ > Select Create checkbox.
Screenshot below for reference :arrow_down:

I already performed this .But still it is not working

Go to User doctype > Open “litty.thomas@norq.in” user record > Open “Roles and Permissions” tab > Check if the role which has Create permission is assigned to this user or not.
That should fix it.