Linking new apps to existing Frappe/ERPNext app

Hello,

I am making a new application and I need to get some information from an existing app in ERPNext. Can you help me in doing this? For example, I want to create a new doctype and need to link a value to the HR app. How shall I do this one?

Thank you.

@domengsantino

You can create a new Link field in your doctype with an ERPNext doctype in the options.

It would be better if you give specific examples to receive any substantial help

Best,
Anand.

@anand

Example is with the tutorial on Library App in Frappe. If I want to get the names or IDs from employee data of ERPNext as reference to my app , how can I do this?

You still need to be more specific. Like how do you want to it, as list or a simple employee. Also, where are you going to use it? Be very very very specific.

Best,
Anand Doshi

ERPNext

@anand

How can I link the ‘employee name’ in HR module of ERPNext to my ‘member name’ in my new app?

ERPNext (HR->Employee->EmployeeNumber or HR->Employee->EmployeeName) LINK TO MyAPP(AppName->Member->MemberNumber or AppName->Member->MemberName)

Thanks!

@domengsantino now that’s so well defined :smile:

1. Set the fieldtype of Member Number as “Link” and options as “Employee” (assuming the fieldname is member_number".
  2. Set the fieldtype of Member Name as “Read Only” and options as member_number.employee_name

Now if you select an Employee (Member Number) inside Member, the Employee Name value will be fetched automatically into Member Name field.

-Anand.

@anand

Thanks for this. I’ll try this.