Linking Letterheads to Print Formats

Hi Team,

Is there any way to link Letterheads to Print Formats? Let’s say for example that I want Salary Slips to be sent out with a particular logo/letterhead that is different from the one for general use in transactional documents. How can this be achieved?

Thanks

Kind regards,
Olawale

Hi
@wale
If you want Letter head on Print format. You can add letter head script(logo or other data) directly into Print Format. But that showing only once.

If you want that on every Page then Add it to Letter Head and select that letter head in your doctype e.g Salary Slip

‎Hi Sangram,

Thanks a lot for your feedback but I’m not really sure this solves the issue:

1. I haven’t found any place for setting Letterhead in the Print Format. Pls point me in the right direction if I’m missing something

2. Setting the Letterhead in the Salary Slip form is not feasible in a case where you have about 100 employees

Currently it seems the only work-around is to set the logo you wish to use as default and then change it back again after processing payroll. This isn’t convenient at all

It would help if there was a simple field (Probably in the ‘Customize Form’ tool) to select Default Letterhead for each Doc-Type just like we can set Print Formats

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Olawale

@wale
You can create new letter head for salary slip, and select new letter head in salary slip
You can also set new letter head to default letter head for salary using customize form.

@wale
you can set Letter Head as default. It appears on all your prints.

1 Like

@kolate_sambhaji, @sangram

Thanks a lot for your help. I found it in the ‘Customize Form’ within the Fields section

Cheers!

Kind Regards,

1 Like

‎Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to be working! I tried setting a default Letterhead for Salary Slip using the Customize Form tool but it still doesn’t show up in the form

Is this a bug?

Kind Regards,

Olawale

@wale

Just to understand clearly, you’re trying to set different letter heads for different doctypes, correct?

@Tanuj

Correct!

Kind Regards,

Ive done that by using custom scripts for each doctype:

frappe.ui.form.on('Delivery Note', 'validate', function(frm){
frm.set_value("letter_head", "Letterhead");
})

You can change Delivery Note to the appropriate document, and Letterhead to the name you’ve given to your Letterhead.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Team,

This issue still persists! Setting a default value for Letter Head field in Salary Slip (via Customize Form) is not working

Kindly assist

Thanks

Dear @wale,
You are right it is necessary to have a default letterhead in the customize form. I have the same problem, have you found a solution?
Thank you for your help.

To setup the default letter head anywhere , following custom script resolved my issue :

cur_frm.cscript.custom_onload = function(doc) {
default_value=“Tax Invoice”;
cur_frm.set_value(“letter_head”, default_value);
}

Select the DocType and then replace “Tax Invoice” with name of your Letter Head. letter_head is the field which is common for all .

Regards

Did you get any solution?

Solution :

In Client script :

frappe.ui.form.on('YourDoctype', {
    refresh(frm) {
        frm.doc.letter_head = "Your Letterhead";
    }