Link two BOM to one item of stock

Hello All
How to link multiple BOM to one item
My scenario is that I work in an electrical cable manufacturing company and I need to link more than BOM to an item(cable) specific
As it contains more than one material :

Please reply because I don’t have time
Thank you

@hisham_y there’s no way to link one single bom to multiple production items you need to individually create each bom.

If you want to be able to swap between an cable let’s say, 7mm to 8mm, but the cables are materials, not the produced item, you should use “Item Alternative”!

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/manufacturing/item-alternative

Hi max

Thank you for the quick response

in my case, I’m not need to use “alternative item” because it’s my problem is link a one item (cable)consist of with more than one group of raw material and sub groups of raw materials in stock

we need solve this problem

please see the attached file.

image001.png

(Attachment bom-1.pdf is missing)

Hi,
Still your case is not clear, could you prepare an excel sheet showing primary BOM and secondary BOM adn highlight difference

Hi nmami

In my case, the materials were added via (BOM) to add more than one (component) material to the manufacture of the cable and each material (Valuation Rate ) has its

I tried to add it to (items of stock) but in this case I can’t add more than one item
There is a solution to this problem is that I add the materials in (BOM) not through Item Code, but through Item Group in order to list the materials related to this Item Group, but this solution I cannot apply. Why? Because I need to enter the data through item code only
or am I linking one (BOM) to another (BOM). but i can’t do this
and if this problem still exists, it will cause great confusion in the work and the rest of the stages will not go in the right way
Thanks for your time ,

Hi max

Thank you for the quick response
in my case, I’m not need to use “alternative item” because it’s my problem is link a one item (cable)consist of with more than one group of raw material and sub groups of raw materials in stock
we need solve this problem

please see this image

I may be wrong, but this looks like a case for nested BOM’s

To be more specific…

If you have 3 independent wires in a single cable AND you manufacture the 3 wires as well as the entire cable, THEN you create a BOM for each individual wire (includes all materials for just one of the component wires).

Once you have all of the internal cable components using their own BOM’s THEN you can create a final BOM for the manufacture of the consolidated cable.

The components to make the cable will be the finished goods of the 3 different wire builds.

When it is time to build the cable, call up the BOM for the finished cable and in the exploded view ti will contain all of the the information of the component wire BOM’s as well as any new raw materials needed to complete the cable.

So, I am not sure if I understood the problem you are facing but it sounded like this might be the solution. Hope it helps.

BKM

1 Like

I Agree with @bkm it looks like that you need to make nested BOM’s

I Called him and explained how to created Nested BOM, I hope is clear for @hisham_y

Hi all

First I would like to thank @nmami for helping me solve my problem
The solution:
Raw materials No. 1 for the manufacture of a specific cable were collected in (BOM), as well as with secondary materials
And a (BOM) was created containing the primary and secondary materials for the manufacture of the cable
Thank you for all of your help

1 Like

[/uploads/default/original/3X/1/6/16dc39be3608bf1d4a6bf0fa92fe9c7d205d8765.png]
Hisham Yousef
IT Admin
National Cable & Wire Manufacturing Co.
Tel: + 962 5 3651438
Fax: + 962 5 365 04 37
E-mail: it01@cableco.com.jomailto:it01@cableco.com.jo

image001.jpg

image004.png

image005.png

image006.png

(Attachment TapScanner 06-07-2021-10.03.pdf is missing)