Link tasks to milestones

I want to link tasks to specific milestones within the project. I am trying to do this with 'custom fields'.  What do I need to set the "Field Type" and "Options" settings to?  I would like the "Field Type" to be a link so that I can easily select the associated milestone.

Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Milestones are not "named" DocTypes - so its hard. Can you raise a GitHub issue for this (?) we can make Milestones more like GitHub - if thats what you are hinting.

On Friday, November 15, 2013 5:14:50 AM UTC+5:30, Joshua Jach wrote:
I want to link tasks to specific milestones within the project. I am trying to do this with 'custom fields'.  What do I need to set the "Field Type" and "Options" settings to?  I would like the "Field Type" to be a link so that I can easily select the associated milestone.

Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Dear Rmehta
is there any new about linking task with milestones in projects

The last thought was to remove milestones. Let them be defined in tasks.

that what i’m work on now i add new feild to task named type to definde if it task or mileston

and its ok but i need to make sub tasks lindk to milestone task how that be in erpnext

Hi,

I do agree on the need to have tasks linked to milestones as Milestones fields are already setup and having tasks linked to them will help identify what tasks are linked to what milestones in the project.

In the Task section is there a plan to have subtasks as that would also be really helpful?

If there is a thread other than this where its discussed do let me know to add my +1 for the feature.

Also in between there was this vote taken from customer on adding features. Is that practice still on?

-Vikram

Any update on this? Need to link tasks with milestones as well. Wondering since its been almost a year since any last reply, any updates?