Link previous stand-alone advance after submit of Sales Order

Hello ,

Use Case :
Customer gives adhoc / lump-sum advance 30,000 . Payment Entry is created for the same.
After few days gives Sales Order (Customer PO) .
Sales Order is submitted , User would like to link the advance received against the submitted sales order.

How to achieve this ?

Thanks

refer the erpnext manual on how advance payment work

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/accounts/advance-payment-entry

sorry , but it doesn’t have the solution for the above use case.
let me know if you were able to do it.

Hi @jignesh_shah
From what I understand, you can link Payments only to Sales Invoice and not Sales Order.

Here are the steps to follow for your scenario

1. Record the Advance Payment as a standalone Payment Entry let us say Rs.10,000 /-
  2. When Customer issues a PO, record as Sales Order, let us total value is Rs.1,00,000 /-
  3. Create a Sales Invoice from Sales Order for Rs.1,00,000 /-
  4. While creating Sales Invoice fetch Advance Payment in the Advance Payments section, Rs.10,000/-. Save and Submit the Sales Invoice
  5. Now in the Accounts Receivable Report you will see that out of Rs.1,00,000 /- , Rs.10,000 /- is Paid and outstanding is Rs. 90,000 /-

If you would like to see payment details against Sales Order, you will have to

1. Create a Custom Report for it or
  2. Fetch corresponding Sales Order number in the Sales Invoice and add that Column in the Accounts Receivable report

Thanks for your detailed steps and efforts , but In the above case, user just wants to allocate the stand -alone advance to submitted Sales Order and would not like to create sales invoice.

i am not sure why but i can see and able to allocate payment entry against sales order. PFA in case any issues please do call back.