Leave Without Pay not calculated properly in version 8

I was able to deduct the salary based upon LWP in version 7 but after upgrade to version 8 the LWP is not affecting the salary (earning) amount although i marked the field “Depends on LWP”.

The salary slip correctly shows the No of LWP days and the payment days but the earnings don’t get calculated properly based upon payment days. The system calculate salary amount on total days only.

In my case i have also marked the field “Salary Slip based on Timesheet” to process overtime.

Looking forward to have a prompt solution

Hi Usman,
Similar problem I was faced after upgrading to version 8. if you enter an amount (like a basic and then marked checkbox) it not calculated or give 0.0.
if you need correct calculation, then you need to setup salary structure for an employee. In that salary structure in an earning component add the basic amount and mark Depends on Leave Without Pay(depends_on_lwp field) it will calculate salary accordingly LWP.
(ps-: there is two different field amount and default_amount)

Hi Usman,

I’m also facing the same issue, please let me know if it worked for you. i’ll test the above solution tomorrow. waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Dear Vishda

Thanks for the reply. I have created a new salary structure without marking the box of “Salary Slip Based on Timesheet” and now the system is correctly deducting the salary for LWP. However once i select the “Salary Slip Based on Timesheet” box in salary structure and process payroll then system don’t deduct salary amount and process the full salary without incorporating the LWP.

I guess this is a system bug and needs to be fixed. I request ERPNEXT team to have a look on this issue ASAP

did anyone report this bug. pl advise. i face the same issue

I don’t thing this has been reported. The issue is still there

I am facing the same issue as well and this is making the job of submitting salary slips very cumbersome. kindly fix this for us at earliest.

Create an issue at GIT Hub. developers will address it on priority