LDAP problem in latest version 11.1.43

I have installed v11.1.43 but can’t setup LDAP. but I did it lowest version by below command
sudo apt-get install libsasl2-dev python-dev libldap2-dev libssl-dev
cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench/
./env/bin/pip install python-ldap --global-option=build_ext --global-option=“-I$(xcrun --show-sdk-path)/usr/include/sasl”
./env/bin/pip install python-ldap

but in the latest version its show “Please Install the ldap3 library via pip to use ldap functionality.”

now what can I do?

Your installing the wrong library, its called ldap3
It doesn’t have any dependancies so all you need to do in the bench directory is:
./env/bin/pip install ldap3

Then you should be good to go. Please note that there is a bug if no group member field is entered at this stage, pending pr to fix this in progress…

3 Likes

My current version ERP in 11.1.21 but when I upgrade it into 11.1.43 and run this command ./env/bin/pip install ldap3 by frappe user then my ldap user can not access . It shows “invalid server address” !! But old version LDAP works fine still now!! what can I do?

Sounda like an invalid server address :)Can you post a screenshot of your LDAP settings here

Also enter the value memberOf in the LDAP group field as a workaround for now as shown in this https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/3469512/58928456-1db03c80-8785-11e9-800d-1d2d532745e6.gif

after setup when I am going to login by LDAP user it showing this message “Please set User ID field in an Employee record to set Employee Role” . But i did not find any user ID set option when create a user

Looks like that is an issue with how ERPNext and Employee’s work. Basically the person has to be a user first, then they can be allocated as an employee by the looks. The user id is set once the user has been created.

I could possibly put a check for Employee, and only add that as a role, AFTER it has been created, this may then solve the problem, let me run some tests and see if that makes it work.

I have created test user and add the user ID from employee list. Then access by the user. But still I can’t access by LDAP user. Could u give me a full process for LDAP?