"Landed Cost Voucher on submit" Debit and Credit not equal for Purchase Invoice #PINV-01267-1. Difference is 420.0

you may try this, but take the backup before you this

cd frappe-bench (you have done it already)
bench update (you have done it already)
bench reinstall (try this after “bench update”)

Here is the link to the screen recording. We really need the help

See also here Release v12.2.3 not fetched when update bench - #11 by clarkej

Hi @clarkej thank you for your input.

I have not run the patch yet, but do you think that this problem is linked with some patch?

My problem is Landed Cost Voucher please refer to the screen recording.

Some trial and error analysis in a test environment would probably help?

edit: A given patch may change the code, a database schema definition, and migrate database data too if required. So yes that might introduce and explain say a data conflict in your case?

thanks, let me try.

Please post GIF here of the recording. Its easy for anyone to view it and maybe give a suggestion.

com-video-to-gif%20(1) com-video-to-gif com-video-to-gif%20(2) com-crop

I installed the newer version in another server 12.2.3 the problem persists.

I entered one Landed cost voucher, at the time of adding another one it is giving this error.

so even though we update version to 12.2.3 the problem will not be resolved until we get an update to solve this issue.

The same issue with me, I have created Landed Cost voucher in the past that was everything good then after update tried to cancel it and git this error
Debit and Credit not equal for Purchase Invoice ".........". Difference is ".........".

actually that Difference amount is the Additional Cost that we added to Purchase Invoice

1 Like

The Difference message aim is to notify users of data precision issues, but in your case the data is clearly invalid

Which version are you using?

If you use the latest version you will know exactly what we are talking about.

If you use the newer version please perform following steps and you will get to know what we are talking about here.

1. Create a purchase invoice
  2. create a landed cost voucher and allocate it to that purchase invoice
  3. create another landed cost voucher, you will not be able to do that as the system will through this message and you will be stuck. The difference it shows you is exactly the same amount on the landed cost voucher, that was entered first.

you cannot cancel any landed cost voucher neither can you create another one.

All data entered validated through normal process without any loss of its integrity.

So here we are stuck and cannot proceed.

Really appreciate your support. Thanks

Your steps to reproduce the error are a big help, please report this Issues · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

When we Submitted Landed Cost voucher for Purchase Invoice that make update in GL entrery for that invoice when I need to cancel that Landed Cost Voucher method not calculate the additional cost in debit so showing that error message

Please try it in
ERPNext: v12.2.2 (version-12)

Frappe Framework: v12.0.20 (version-12)

I hope that I did it right

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/20031#issue-540895461

1 Like

bench update

the last release solved this issue

Just ran
bench update --reset
Now at:
ERPNext: v12.3.1 (version-12)

Frappe Framework: v12.1.0 (version-12)

Cannot post LCV.

This is a quick fix, at least we can move ahead. Why did I say this? We can create only one LCV per purchase document.

So temporarily, if you want to move ahead with your working, you can still move on. All you have to do is create an LCV e.g. “LCV001”. if you need to enter another LCV for the same purchase document, cancel LCV001, amend it and submit. This way at least your inventory valuation is maintained properly.

This will keep you going for now until there is a proper fix available for this problem i.e. multiple LCVs for the same purchase document.

I still have to check a few more things i.e. editing old LCVs where we have entered multiple LCVs for a purchase document and then come back with feedback.

In all honesty, this work well for now. :slight_smile:

erpnext 12.3.1
frappe 12.1.0

Are you able to create more than one LCVs for the same purchase document?