Item with multiple group

Hi,
I would like to be able to assign an item to multiple group. I’m looking for advices on what is the best way to do that with the customize option.

I have car parts that can be used on different brand/models so I would like to be able to easily categorize that.

Should I continue to use the item group setting (and create multiple sub group) or should I create a new parameter? Maybe because the item wasnt designed to be in multiples group at the same time.

I would like to have check boxes so I can select multiple easily and see to which group this part belong.

Thanks

Should I continue to use the item group setting (and create multiple sub group

Would be best if you could follow with this approach. Also, it will help you in reporting. You will get all the sales/purchase/stock and accounts reports based on Item Group at all the levels.

You can insert a custom link field of another Item Group, but it won’t be added in the report. Perhaps you can use other parameters like Brand for categorization. There is already a Brand master which you can specify for the item and get report based on Brand as well.

Great, I’ll.

Regarding the check boxes, do you have a suggestion. I’m not sure how to do that

Thanks

I just found that under website section, there is an website item group. I’ll use that because I really dont know how to change the actual item group.