Item UOM Conversion

We buy one (01) roll of cable that have 1000 RFT and we sell in RFT to customers so how we can handle this issue?

You can put two UOM one fore purchasing and one for selling
You have to add UOM Conversation factor so that can convert vice-versa like
unit roll
unit RFT
Roll = 1000*Roll

How to put this conversation factor?

In Item Master you will find section called Unit of measure inside it put both uom and conversation factor

Please see the following:

After all this, I see ‘Nos’ as UOM in Quotation and Sales Invoice so where did I make mistake?

You need to put 0.001 conversation factor for RFT for this
as 1/1000

Once you mentioned the UoMs in the item master, you can change it in the line item in any transaction:

Hi, I can see in the screenshots you provide above that you have Nos as your Default Unit of Measure. Since you stock and sell in RFT, RFT should be your Default UoM, not Nos.

1 Like

Is there a way to bulk update the UOM conversion table for individual items?

It depends… If you DON’T have transactions, download the items base, in the import tool, change it in Excel, then upload the file updating the infos…

If you DO have transactions, duplicate the item, change the configs, then freeze the original.

I guess…

Thanks for the response.

Also got feedback elsewhere to check documentation https://erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/data/data-import

Particular section 4. Uploading All Tables (Main + Child)

Basically, new line for child table entries.

Hello,
Can we set the same conversion factor to diffrent uom .is it possible to set the same uom conversion factor??

Our conversion is complex. Can you please help if this is possible to achieve with ERPNext?

We manufacture Rubber Sheets (visit www.kiranrubber.com) for which we receive order in Rolls and production is done in Kgs. In the end, we manually convert Kgs to No. of Rolls. Complexity is that every roll has a different weight (Variation of +/- 5 to 7%)

Eg. We received an order for 50 Rolls of 1500 Width x 10 Mtr Length x 3 mm Thick which roughly weighs around 68 Kgs/Roll x 50 = 3400 Kgs. All 50 Rolls will have weight between 65-72 Kgs.

How can this be done?

1 Like

hi Maunit,
i have an issue very close to yours … we produce milk measured in liters, which is then transferred to Finished Product warehouse to store and sell in Kilograms.
the problem is that the conversion factor from liters to Kilograms is not constant but varies according to the density of the milk produced every time. so, i need to change the UOM conversion factor every time, but i cannot …I tried to unset the “read only” for UOM conversion factor but system refused … appreciate if you managed to solve your problem … cheers / Amr

Afair, you can change the secondary uom conversation factor but not the primary one. So if you keep liter as default then you will have to switch kg in conversation factor.
I am not sure if this will be a good practice to have inventory control as the inventory will never be static.
I think if you increase and decrease the inventory with the same density and the item have 0 stock then you should change the secondary conversion factory, while changing it with the stock in warehouse will lead to incorrect inventory.

See also Why i cannot unset the "read only" for field conversion factor?

If I had an item which have mulltible UOM,How can i set or select the UOM in POS invoice ?

found it in
for sales
SALES DETAILS section
the field
Default Sales Unit of Measure

for purchase
PURCHASE, REPLENISHMENT DETAILS section
the field:
Default Purchase Unit of Measure

best regards