Item costs and subcontracting

In our business we produce t-shirts and t-shirts has number of costs associated with it. For example,

to produce 1 t-shirt it involves several costs such as

• Printing
  • Sewing

Sewing is done by supplier A and printing is done by supplier B. For this scenario, I tested sub-contracting but it has some usability issues. I will explain that below.

A normal purchase order has several items to be manufactured through supplier, for example,

1. t-shirt-black-large 500 qty
  2. t-shirt-black-medium 500 qty
  3. t-shirt-black-small 500 qty and so on.

Each of above items has a BOM defined to include printing cost. After a PO is created, we have to transfer material to supplier and in PO when I select “Transfer > Material to Supplier” it asks for the item where we want stock to be transferred and this has to be done for each item in the PO. Lets say a PO has 20 items. I have to transfer material to supplier 20 times to complete the subcontracting.

Is there a easy way of doing this?

All I want is to include any associated costs in items so when final item arrives in the warehouse, its valuation rate reflect costs associated with it.

Thanks!

Each of above items has a BOM defined to include printing cost. After a 
PO is created, we have to transfer material to supplier and in PO when I
 select "Transfer > Material to Supplier" it asks for the item where 
we want stock to be transferred and this has to be done for each item in
 the PO. Lets say a PO has 20 items. I have to transfer material to 
supplier 20 times to complete the subcontracting. 

You can transfer 20 qty or even 20 items in a single transfer entry. Can you please elaborate issue faced at this steps? Screenshots will be helpful as well.

All I want is to include any associated costs in items so when final 
item arrives in the warehouse, its valuation rate reflect costs 
associated with it. 

Check:

The items are t-shirts knowing this will help you understand the situation clearly,
@umair
This is a typical BOM of an item.

For each t-shirt style there are a number of items depending on the sizes available. For example,

• SAV0026-XL
  • SAV0026-L
  • SAV0026-M
  • SAV0026-S

A BOM is defined for each size.

When we raise a Purchase order for a supplier to deliver us above items 500 each size the PO will have 4 lines with qty 500 for each item.

When I select “Transfer Material to Supplier” from submitted purchase order, it prompts for me to select the item where I want material to be transferred to suppliers warehouse. Ideally, I want to transfer materials of all 4 items to the supplier. Currently when I want to do this, I have to do this step 4 times to complete the transfer. What I need is an easy way to transfer all in one click.

When I do above the final item costs include the printing and tag prices. But the process is bit cumbersome.

1 Like

@tglk, were you able to over come this issue? I am having a similar problem.

Unfortunately not.

Maybe you guys can collaborate and find somebody that’s willing to build this for you. Or build it yourselves.

Thanks

Jay

I would love to, but there isn’t any documentation in terms of which files to update or how the system is internally designed.

@JayRam, can you help by showing us which are the related files for this function?

I ain’t even no developer. Apologies I cannot help. But there must be some documentation available or erpnext.org or on GitHub.

Thanks

Jay