Issues faced ERPNext current version

I have been trying to implement ERP for my own captive usage.
During the course of entering sales invoices I have faced following issues.

1. Customization to Invoice - while saving customisation, system says the customisation is saved but when I check the final output the customisation is lost. Its very frustrating. Only when I cleared the cache, the customisation is saved.
  2. PDF is not working.
  3. Backup takes too much time.
  4. While entering data to customer form, is it possible to have drop down for country and state ? Every time the operator has to type country and state.
  5. I could not find a way to enter regular expenses i.e. electricity, telephone, mobile recharge, traveling expenses. All the way I have to create party and book the expenses as purchase bills. This is very odd.
  6. Submitted invoice - if any correction is required, its difficult. One has to reset naming series after deleting affected document. I am sure that there could a easy way.
  7. While entering sales invoice, If the sales invoice date is different from current date, at the time of editing the date, some times due date is changed as per changes in date filed, at times, one has to enter manually.

Conclusion as of now : Excellent product but very sharp and rough edges.

Looking forward for some solution.
I am using ERPNext - docker version - edge [ updated up to 25nov, 2020 ] .

@mithub_lin I might be able to help you resolve some of your issues

• PDF may not be working for you because you might not have wkhtmltopdf installed.

• If you intend to use the PDF generation functionality provided by frappe, you’ll need to install wkhtmltopdf. You can download a package from here.

For Ubuntu 18.04, the installation will look like this:

wget https://github.com/wkhtmltopdf/packaging/releases/download/0.12.6-1/wkhtmltox_0.12.6-1.bionic_amd64.deb
sudo apt install ./wkhtmltox_0.12.6-1.bionic_amd64.deb
rm wkhtmltox_0.12.6-1.bionic_amd64.deb
  • You can link the Country doctype to a field, refer the Address doctype where this is used.

• For your query regarding expenses refer:

Wkhtmptopdf is already installed